User Tag List

Thread: How did you end up slotting/gambling?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I come from a family of Gamblers...I remember going to my Grandpa's for the weekly card games...I got to watch He-Haw, Lets Make a deal and Laurence Welk on his little B&W TV, collect empty Beer bottles and empty his spittoon for a nickle, but liked going. My parents would go to Vegas once every 5 years or so(Air travel was expensive, in fact I remember hearing how they would go on the train with my Aunt, uncle and Grandpa) and I would always get some trinket, probably the shit they give away. One of my Aunts & her Husband moved out there when they retired. Just never had the money to go, after I got a real job me any my GF, now wife went. On my first roll of quarters I won $3600 on a quarter progressive, that was 25 years ago. Just really liked Vegas and my Aunt and Uncle liked the company. Been going couple times a year since then, sometimes more when airfare is cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by sondor View Post
    I come from a family of Gamblers...I remember going to my Grandpa's for the weekly card games...I got to watch He-Haw, Lets Make a deal and Laurence Welk on his little B&W TV, collect empty Beer bottles and empty his spittoon for a nickle, but liked going. My parents would go to Vegas once every 5 years or so(Air travel was expensive, in fact I remember hearing how they would go on the train with my Aunt, uncle and Grandpa) and I would always get some trinket, probably the shit they give away. One of my Aunts & her Husband moved out there when they retired. Just never had the money to go, after I got a real job me any my GF, now wife went. On my first roll of quarters I won $3600 on a quarter progressive, that was 25 years ago. Just really liked Vegas and my Aunt and Uncle liked the company. Been going couple times a year since then, sometimes more when airfare is cheap.
    Wow! $3600 win on your first $10 quarters! That would get anybody hooked!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kimsa70 View Post
    Wow! $3600 win on your first $10 quarters! That would get anybody hooked!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    We had not even checked in yet at the Lavish Palace Station, room not ready...Luckily it was one of the new ones that would hold credits and I was winning so stepped it up to 2 quarters instead of one. Hit the three symbols and nothing happened...I was like that sucks you should win something for that, then some guys slaps me on the back and says way to go you won...I said won what? He pointed so the Marque and said that...took a check for the almost the whole thing and brought it home (Gave the guy who told me the other roll of quarters I had). My aunt would not believe me when they came to pick us up to go downtown...Won there too had a big tub of quarters I brought back from downtown and we played on that for most of the trip.