Quote Originally Posted by seemoreroyals View Post
When we booked our cruise the free drink package was one of the perks we got for booking when we did. Anything booked with NCL after June 1st of this year I think you can still get the UBP but they no longer pay the tips as part of it. My understanding is that now every time you buy a drink they charge an 18% gratuity to your sail and sign card.

@SoCalRob in regards to your question about paying a tax for a drink while in port, the only port we had to pay a tax way while we were in Seattle. I noticed that on our bill their were several small charges around $1 each charged to us on the 1st day of our cruise. We did not have any of these charges while in any of the Alaska ports or when we visited Victoria. So if you have to pay a city tax in Seattle you will probably have to pay a city tax in New York as well I am guessing.
Thanks James! That's what I thought. I hope they don't do it in Florida too. My bf can drink! Though he's paying for all the misc charges at the end so that'll be on him. *shrugs*.