I would look at the vpfree2.com website to see which are the best games at the property that you plan on going to. I have found at CET properties they can have a few decent paytable games mixed in with a lot of very bad games too. Make sure you know your paytables before you go. Also, it seems like the $5 denominations and up now have the $25 coin in for a point vs $10, so check for that too.

If you could find a good Jacks or Better or Bonus Poker paytable, go with that, getting the 2:1 on every two pair is going to help your money last a lot longer.

You'll need to play at least a $1 denomination with a $5 per hand bet. I would say I play somewhat fast, and can play a hand in 5 seconds on average, but I play a lot of VP. That's 12 hands per minute, 720 per hour, so you could do it in 14 hours. I couldn't sit at a machine for 14 hours myself, I have to move around a lot. However, if you find a decent game, with near a 99% payback in theory you should only lose $500- less of course if you have some freeplay. But keep in mind about 2% of the payback is hitting a royal- so if you manage to hit a $4000 royal you'll likely end up way ahead for the day, if not you'll probably lose more than $500, maybe $2000 or more.

If you can find a good multi-hand game with good paytables, you could then play 3 or 5 hands at a time, which would cut your playtime down a bit and you could probably hit the points in 3-4 hours. Just make sure you have a big bankroll, if the variance starts bad for you, you could be down a few thousand in the first hour before things turn around even on a really good paytable game.