User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 5000 pts at CET, on VP

Blog Entries

5000 pts at CET, on VP

So..... if I wanted to earn 5,000 pts at a CET property in order to get the 10,000 bonus points, how much would I have to budget? I really want to do it on VP, which would mean $50k coin-in, right? I've heard people say that it can take a dollar a point, but I would hope that it wouldn't cost me $5k seeing as on VP you tend to get enough wins to cycle through for a while.

Also, time wise, how long do you think that would take me? HHH!

Isn't VP $10 per point at Caesar's?

Blog Entries

5000 pts at CET, on VP

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalRob View Post
    Isn't VP $10 per point at Caesar's?
    Right, so $50k coin in. Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Blase View Post
    Right, so $50k coin in. Right?
    Sorry....I suck at math...apparently.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalRob View Post
    Sorry....I suck at math...apparently.
    Well, you had me doubting myself! Lol

I would look at the vpfree2.com website to see which are the best games at the property that you plan on going to. I have found at CET properties they can have a few decent paytable games mixed in with a lot of very bad games too. Make sure you know your paytables before you go. Also, it seems like the $5 denominations and up now have the $25 coin in for a point vs $10, so check for that too.

If you could find a good Jacks or Better or Bonus Poker paytable, go with that, getting the 2:1 on every two pair is going to help your money last a lot longer.

You'll need to play at least a $1 denomination with a $5 per hand bet. I would say I play somewhat fast, and can play a hand in 5 seconds on average, but I play a lot of VP. That's 12 hands per minute, 720 per hour, so you could do it in 14 hours. I couldn't sit at a machine for 14 hours myself, I have to move around a lot. However, if you find a decent game, with near a 99% payback in theory you should only lose $500- less of course if you have some freeplay. But keep in mind about 2% of the payback is hitting a royal- so if you manage to hit a $4000 royal you'll likely end up way ahead for the day, if not you'll probably lose more than $500, maybe $2000 or more.

If you can find a good multi-hand game with good paytables, you could then play 3 or 5 hands at a time, which would cut your playtime down a bit and you could probably hit the points in 3-4 hours. Just make sure you have a big bankroll, if the variance starts bad for you, you could be down a few thousand in the first hour before things turn around even on a really good paytable game.

Blog Entries

5000 pts at CET, on VP

Wow, @kdk, thank you for the thoughtful and detailed response!

I don't have 14 hours to try to earn this, so I would probably play multi-hand, now need to check out VPFree to find their best pay tables.

I do love me some spin poker but at $45 a hand, the bankroll will go really fast if I don't get some good hits early. I might do quarter spin poker then at $11 a spin.

Blog Entries
    @seemoreroyals, is it easy for you to earn 5000 pts in a day playing VP?

I have never done DIAD on VP. I haven't played much VP at CET properties in general.
    You might want to look for a game like Bonus Poker, where two pairs pays 2:1 but you also get higher amounts for some 4OAK. That way you have the possibility of some higher paybacks along the line without hitting the royal.
    Regardless, I would play multi-hand, 10 hand dimes or quarters.

Quote Originally Posted by Blase View Post
    @seemoreroyals, is it easy for you to earn 5000 pts in a day playing VP?
    I have never attempted it as sassycat and I play on the same card. I think only once or twice have we hit 5000 tc's on the same day but that 10,000 tc bonus sure was nice. I have one friend in particular at our home property who does it routinely. He takes a $10,000 bankroll with him for a 3 to 4 day trip. I have played beside him before and what he does is play about $10 - $15 a whack or more at times on a 5 play VP machine. He always play DDB with occasion switches to DW. I am sure he loses occasionally but he claims that he wins money every year and I have no reason to doubt him. All you need is luck and intestinal fortitude and you have both. I say go for it and let us know how it goes. Are you taking a shot at reaching 7 star card status?