User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 5000 pts at CET, on VP

Hey, Blase. Here's the pay table on Bonus Poker. http://wizardofodds.com/games/video-...s/bonus-poker/ All are above 99% on an 8 - 5 game. If you could afford to play the $5 3-play or 5 play it would probably be better. It would still be a marathon though. You would have to have enough BR to make it through the bad runs that always come. I almost always play DDB myself.

I've done the 2500 points in one day three times, which was doable (but was still a long day of gambling playing mostly slots), and, it would only take you two or three times doing it, dependent on what your current tier score is, to get diamond.
    RamblinGamblin1 ​on YouTube

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Think about it too in terms of spins. If you're going to do $5 a spin for $50,000 coin-in, let's say you spin quick, 10 spins a minute, so 600 spins an hour. You'd have to spin 10,000 times to get 50k coin in. At 600 spins/hr, that would take almost 17 hours of play!

I have no idea how much bankroll you'd need. I remember one time I got 500 points at my local in one night, that's $70,000 coin in and I hit 6 jackpots totaling almost 10k, but cycled back through all the $.

I'd guess a 10k bankroll would be sufficient. 5k if you're really lucky!
    Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Sounds like a risky proposition to me I know how much it cost me just to get my 2500 points in one day on slots... obviously Video Poker way less volatile

I'm thinking it will take me around a $1k bankroll to get 1,000 points (if I'm lucky!), so I'd say maybe $7500 in the ballpark to get 5,000. Then if you have extra, you take it home with you!

Blog Entries
    Thanks for all of the feedback, guys. Definitely too rich for my blood right now to attempt this. Plus, I have been having terrible pain/numbness in my right arm for a few weeks and I wonder if it has to do with gambling too much, so I'm trying to give it a rest. I had this problem early last year too and it affected me to the point I went to physical therapy for it (so much so that I had to quit work too). But that was in my left arm, which is all better now. I'm hoping it will go away by itself, but even sitting here typing this, I'm in extreme discomfort.

I'm heading to Joliet tomorrow to have dinner with my girlfriends, but don't plan to play much.

Good luck at Joilet, hope you feel better soon.

Blog Entries

5000 pts at CET, on VP

So I actually earned 5000 pts at Harrah's Joliet today, albeit unplanned. I had *planned* to try to get to 2500 pts, I knew today was a 4x-7x RC multiplier day (I ended up with 6x) and I had a bunch of free play vouchers that expired at the end of June, so I was in for the long haul.

The 2500 pts almost didn't happen due to some disastrous Ainsworth dollar machine play. I put in almost $1000 on Thunder Cash and Mustang Money ($3-$10 bets) and didn't get a single bonus!! Not playing those anymore there. Also tried a bunch of quarter video slots at $5 a spin and got nothing. I swear I was there for about an hour before I got a bonus on anything!! (And that was just regular penny Geisha, which I did play for a while)

I had some BR left so I switched to VP. Then the tides changed!

Later got this

I was having lots of nice hits on VP so when I saw I was around 3300 pts, I decided to go for it, as long as I didn't lose too much in the process. It took me about eight hours to earn the 5000 pts; as you can see I went over a bit.

So it ended up being a pretty great gambling day, earned around $330 in comps, will get the 10,000 tier bonus, and came home up about $1600. Would've been a lot more if I didn't go degen on Ainsworth right when I arrived!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Blase; 06-02-2016 at 04:13 AM.

Yes, those Ainsworth machines sure can be streaky - big congratulations on hitting your goal though, not to mention the comps and $1.6k - good times!

Really beautifully played, J!! I can't seem to get into the Ainsworth $1 video stuff but those poker hits have me salivating!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    blase - does your local have Loyalty Rewards - meaning you play a certain amount of points and they send you free play for that visit. Here in Philly, if you play 75 Tier points, you're guaranteed $5. I usually get $10-20 from my visits.