Quote Originally Posted by Blase View Post
You know, at the chance I may sound like a stalker, I literally *just* got done re-reading your New Orleans trip report from last year (partially because of your reemergence on the board, and partially because I am really missing NO - I was there a year ago at this time). And you mentioned a few times this very thing - that Val would be betting minimum and win over $100 but you'd be betting max and get a zero bonus!

Personally, for as much as I love max betting penny machines, I just feel recently that the machines are tighter at max. You'd think it should be the opposite, but I see many more bonus symbols and wilds come up on the reels when betting 1x or 2x.

Now having said that, there are some machines at my locals that I always max bet... because I know they pay well when getting a bonus. But if it's some stupid WMS crap, I might just try a few spins at max to see if I get lucky and hit a bonus right away, then switch to minimum or just move on.

It's a lot harder to have that discipline when drinking, though!!
OK let us locals know your secret. I can't seem to win a thing this year. Hubby does well but not me.