User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jokers.. what can you tell me about San Clemente, CA?

Jokers.. what can you tell me about San Clemente, CA?

We are looking at renting a house near the beach for the last week in February. Have only traveled to San Diego and that was 10 plus years ago. Tell me the good and bad.. what to see, what to avoid. I know there are lots of CA people on here.

San Clemente is a quiet little beach town in South Orange County. You go to the beach there lol, not much else other than shops and restaurants. You are in Orange County though where there are a million things to do, like Disneyland. By the way, February is our cold, rainy month and we are expecting the mother of el ninos, so be prepared!

Everything gypsy said. Except, if you can help it, I'd advise not to stay at the beach in February, especially this February. It's supposed to possibly be a disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    San Clemente is a quiet little beach town in South Orange County. You go to the beach there lol, not much else other than shops and restaurants. You are in Orange County though where there are a million things to do, like Disneyland. By the way, February is our cold, rainy month and we are expecting the mother of el ninos, so be prepared!
    When you say cold - what temperature are you referring too? I live in MN.. so it will be about 20 degrees here.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalRob View Post
    Everything gypsy said. Except, if you can help it, I'd advise not to stay at the beach in February, especially this February. It's supposed to possibly be a disaster.
    What type of a disaster? We haven't committed to any place yet- but were debating between California, Southern Gulf Coast Florida or South Padre Island area of Texas. We have done the Florida Gulf Coast so were looking for something different. Ugh.. we spent 3 hours today as a group of 8 looking at places.. and finally decided on CA. Thank you @SoCalRob and @Gypsy for the excellent feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by MNvegasgal View Post
    What type of a disaster? We haven't committed to any place yet- but were debating between California, Southern Gulf Coast Florida or South Padre Island area of Texas. We have done the Florida Gulf Coast so were looking for something different. Ugh.. we spent 3 hours today as a group of 8 looking at places.. and finally decided on CA. Thank you @SoCalRob and @Gypsy for the excellent feedback.
    When beach towns out here get a LOT of rain at least in San Diego County (about an hour away from San Clemente) the streets flood easily. Waves are a lot higher. Sand bags are used to protect the walls. It just becomes a mess in the am a huge towns during massive rains. We are supposed to basically have storm after storm after storm from January to March. :/

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalRob View Post
    When beach towns out here get a LOT of rain at least in San Diego County (about an hour away from San Clemente) the streets flood easily. Waves are a lot higher. Sand bags are used to protect the walls. It just becomes a mess in the am a huge towns during massive rains. We are supposed to basically have storm after storm after storm from January to March. :/
    Thank you so much for the info. That does not sound like a pleasant way to spend a vacation.. Especially for the cost. New player now.. Just got a link to a place in Gulf Shore Alabama.. Thanks again for the heads up

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think that's a good choice. February is about the only month I wouldn't recommend a beach vacation here, especially next year. Hope you have an amazing time!

Blog Entries

Jokers.. what can you tell me about San Clemente, CA?

Any thoughts on Hilton Head? My uncle owns Hilton Head Rentals and Golf (hiltonheadvacation.com), they manage and rent out many properties, and have a bunch of lovely mansions. I'm sure I could get you a deal!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Blase View Post
    Any thoughts on Hilton Head? My uncle owns Hilton Head Rentals and Golf (hiltonheadvacation.com), they manage and rent out many properties, and have a bunch of lovely mansions. I'm sure I could get you a deal!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Can you get me a job?