User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toe Cramp

Toe Cramp

Anyone get these? Hubs & I both do. Really more like the tendon on top of the foot cramping. Usually happens at night, often waking the sufferer up. The big toe sticks up & the tendon is very tight.

Zooms - The two things I have found that have caused this is Not drinking enough water, and lack of potassium. It is PAINFUL.. and takes a while to massage it to even get it from being completed cramped up. They (Dr's) say as we get older.. these become more frequent. I hope you find some relief.

Quote Originally Posted by Zooms View Post
    Anyone get these? Hubs & I both do. Really more like the tendon on top of the foot cramping. Usually happens at night, often waking the sufferer up. The big toe sticks up & the tendon is very tight.
    Quote Originally Posted by MNvegasgal View Post
    Zooms - The two things I have found that have caused this is Not drinking enough water, and lack of potassium. It is PAINFUL.. and takes a while to massage it to even get it from being completed cramped up. They (Dr's) say as we get older.. these become more frequent. I hope you find some relief.
    Just eat a banana, drink some water, and call me in the morning with your address so I know where to send the bill for my doctor's fee. hhh
    Last edited by slotbender; 05-01-2016 at 11:34 PM.

Ouch Zooms! Have this problem also! Have gotten prescription medication from Foot Doctor, which has helped. Also make sure you wear comfortable shoes. Hope it feels better soon.

Pat
    Over the counter medicine called Leg A Trim. Take one before you go to bed and it will be the best night sleep you've had in a long time. Or I just rub Tiger Balm on it. It relaxes the cramp

I found some OTC leg cramp med, plus I take a potassium tablet when it happens, seems to make it subside fairly quickly. Hubs insists the pills don't work, but then he hates to swallow pills. I make him take the pills anyway, then rub the top of his foot until the tendon relaxes. I just wondered if anyone else got this. I asked my mom, she says she's never heard of anything like this.

Quote Originally Posted by slotbender View Post
    Just eat a banana, drink some water, and call me in the morning with your address so I know where to send the bill for my doctor's fee. hhh
    That's SO helpful. Just as an FYI I don't eat bananas at 2 a.m., although I do drink water.

Only problem I have is restless leg syndrome

Quote Originally Posted by dvandentop View Post
    Only problem I have is restless leg syndrome
    I used to have that problem, then I turned 60....hhh

Quote Originally Posted by MNvegasgal View Post
    Yup, I get these after I go on my daily walk. If I don't drink at least 10 oz of water right after, I get these cramps and I can actually see the tendon contracting and my toes curl up (in the WRONG direction) and it is painful !!! The ones that wake you up in the middle of the night are the worst, though!