User Tag List

Thread: TSA announces longer waits .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat View Post
    I heard today that they are now taking people out of the lines and sending them over to the TSA Pre lines. I'm sorry, but if I pay 85.00 I expect everyone to be TSA pre in that line. If after listening to everything on the news for the last week at a minimum and you don't make your flight because you didn't get there in time, well, that's your problem, not mine.
    I saw them doing that in Reno. It looked like they chose people with children.

Pat
    Quote Originally Posted by Jen Jen View Post
    I saw them doing that in Reno. It looked like they chose people with children.
    so people travelling with children get special treatment?

I say god bless 'em. I love my kids but I can't stand traveling with them -- it's horrible: "I'm hungry", "I have to go poop", "I went poop (in my pants)", "He hit me" and so on.

That said, I've done a ton of traveling -- prob. 90 days on the road in last year, have TSA Pre-Check and CLEAR, and have never seen people just with kids get pulled from the regular line -- I've only seen that happen because the airline has coded the boarding pass with TSA Pre randomly. I would seriously pissed though if that started happening just because you have kids with you, especially considering I'd waited, like Pat, in line for 2 hours to get my Pre-Check done.

What has really been irritating me is the number of people claiming some kind of social anxiety disorder so that they can bring their dog, cat or alpaca "companion animal" with them. I got a social disorder -- I don't like people claiming fake illnesses just so they can bring their dog for free on the plane. I want to bring my dog too, but he's annoying to most people and really skittish and it would be rude of me, not to mention dishonest, to subject other people to that.

rant over.
    NOLEMAN

The Threadjacker

Pat
    Quote Originally Posted by noleman View Post
    I say god bless 'em. I love my kids but I can't stand traveling with them -- it's horrible: "I'm hungry", "I have to go poop", "I went poop (in my pants)", "He hit me" and so on.

That said, I've done a ton of traveling -- prob. 90 days on the road in last year, have TSA Pre-Check and CLEAR, and have never seen people just with kids get pulled from the regular line -- I've only seen that happen because the airline has coded the boarding pass with TSA Pre randomly. I would seriously pissed though if that started happening just because you have kids with you, especially considering I'd waited, like Pat, in line for 2 hours to get my Pre-Check done.

What has really been irritating me is the number of people claiming some kind of social anxiety disorder so that they can bring their dog, cat or alpaca "companion animal" with them. I got a social disorder -- I don't like people claiming fake illnesses just so they can bring their dog for free on the plane. I want to bring my dog too, but he's annoying to most people and really skittish and it would be rude of me, not to mention dishonest, to subject other people to that.

rant over.
    I flew 6 hours last year to Hawaii with a young couple in first class. She had a "service" dog. I called bullshit immediately to the flight attendant. This dog was cute, but a pain in the ass for 6 hours, as was the young couple. This dog was no more a service that I am. Of course, this was the same flight where the couple came on each carrying a 5 year old in a napsak on their chests. These kids were old enough to walk 4 years prior. Stopped mid stream and ask the FA if there were peanuts on the plane to which she said yes. Instant hissy fit by these two who said they checked prior and were told no peanuts were on this plane. All boarding stops for 30 minutes. The pilot makes an announcement that all peanuts are being taken off the plane and if anyone had any on them they were not to eat them. Lady in coach said she had a PB&J made for her kids for the long flight. Nope, she could not dispense them to her kids. WTF? Two people can dictate an entire airplane system? I'm thinking why in the world would you go to Hawaii, a place where everything is serviced with nuts on it, Every sun tan lotion has nuts in it, etc.

Sorry Noleman, I didn't mean to hijack this thread, but the entire travelling thing is messed up. DH is a million mile flyer and although he remains calm most of the time, it's really getting to him now.

If that is the case then I guess I will just have to call up Rent A Child. Maybe they would have a drop off place in Vegas once I arrived. But seriously, if that is the case, that is total BS. For those of us that took the time and paid the fee for Pre Check, we should not be penalized by delays for such a dumb ass decision by the TSA.