User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: TSA announces longer waits .

In USA Today today:

ILLINOIS Chicago: Marathon security lines stranded dozens of people at O'Hare International Airport because of missed flights as a Transportation Security Administration staffing shortage plagued travelers nationwide, the Chicago Tribune reported.

Sent from my LGL16C using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by slotbender View Post
    This is only 1 aspect of government intrusion on our personal lives. It's part of their grand design (New World Order) to keep us under their thumb as slaves Charlie. Everywhere you look they are increasingly taking away our personal rights to privacy. Bottom line - they want us broke and to "obey", or be fined/jailed.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-KLgAj-Jfo
    That Right... ive known this for quite some time now ...Why is we get to VOTE on little piddly things and NEVER anything BIG that would Really change something . 1. Were Too Stupid or 2. We the people Really dont count and in there eyes cant be relied on to make a good decision . in any event It Is all about there control over us . Not to get off track here but if the politicos get the guns Were screwed .

Pat
    Quote Originally Posted by noleman View Post
    I say god bless 'em. I love my kids but I can't stand traveling with them -- it's horrible: "I'm hungry", "I have to go poop", "I went poop (in my pants)", "He hit me" and so on.

That said, I've done a ton of traveling -- prob. 90 days on the road in last year, have TSA Pre-Check and CLEAR, and have never seen people just with kids get pulled from the regular line -- I've only seen that happen because the airline has coded the boarding pass with TSA Pre randomly. I would seriously pissed though if that started happening just because you have kids with you, especially considering I'd waited, like Pat, in line for 2 hours to get my Pre-Check done.

What has really been irritating me is the number of people claiming some kind of social anxiety disorder so that they can bring their dog, cat or alpaca "companion animal" with them. I got a social disorder -- I don't like people claiming fake illnesses just so they can bring their dog for free on the plane. I want to bring my dog too, but he's annoying to most people and really skittish and it would be rude of me, not to mention dishonest, to subject other people to that.

rant over.
    I flew 6 hours last year to Hawaii with a young couple in first class. She had a "service" dog. I called bullshit immediately to the flight attendant. This dog was cute, but a pain in the ass for 6 hours, as was the young couple. This dog was no more a service that I am. Of course, this was the same flight where the couple came on each carrying a 5 year old in a napsak on their chests. These kids were old enough to walk 4 years prior. Stopped mid stream and ask the FA if there were peanuts on the plane to which she said yes. Instant hissy fit by these two who said they checked prior and were told no peanuts were on this plane. All boarding stops for 30 minutes. The pilot makes an announcement that all peanuts are being taken off the plane and if anyone had any on them they were not to eat them. Lady in coach said she had a PB&J made for her kids for the long flight. Nope, she could not dispense them to her kids. WTF? Two people can dictate an entire airplane system? I'm thinking why in the world would you go to Hawaii, a place where everything is serviced with nuts on it, Every sun tan lotion has nuts in it, etc.

Sorry Noleman, I didn't mean to hijack this thread, but the entire travelling thing is messed up. DH is a million mile flyer and although he remains calm most of the time, it's really getting to him now.

I am reading this as I sit delayed at LAX. We flew in from MSP but because our connection was to Hawaian Air.. We had to walk outside 1.5 miles and go through security again. That is messed up.. But we had the time and pre-check so I got my exercise in. Now delayed and deplaned due to an electrical issue. Starting to get cranky as I have been up since 4 am CST. But honestly I am less crabby then I would be if it was a Vegas Delay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wtf Cece that's messed up. Have a great time in maui

Pat
    well maybe if people stopped carrying every friggin thing they own ONTO the airplane, the line could move faster, but they don't want to pay to check their bags, so everyone on the plane suffers as they walk by with a backpack that nearly knocks your head off when they turn around. Each kid is dragging a barbie rollaway that doesn't really roll very well (you know what I'm talking about, you've all seen it). The entire process is breaking down.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat View Post
    well maybe if people stopped carrying every friggin thing they own ONTO the airplane, the line could move faster, but they don't want to pay to check their bags, so everyone on the plane suffers as they walk by with a backpack that nearly knocks your head off when they turn around. Each kid is dragging a barbie rollaway that doesn't really roll very well (you know what I'm talking about, you've all seen it). The entire process is breaking down.
    I hear ya on that Pat. Never ceases to amaze me when I clear security and glance around at the mammoth sized luggage people are toting around. That's when I say a silent prayer that they aren't headed to my gate to try to shove that thing in the overhead on my flight.

Quote Originally Posted by dvandentop View Post
    Wtf Cece that's messed up. Have a great time in maui
    Good news.. They fixed it.. Are going to bus us out to the plane as we lost our gate. Dont have anything planned tonight.. So we are all good. Hope to nap on the 5 hour flight.. But if not will have a drink and watch a movie

Quote Originally Posted by MNvegasgal View Post
    Good news.. They fixed it.. Are going to bus us out to the plane as we lost our gate. Dont have anything planned tonight.. So we are all good. Hope to nap on the 5 hour flight.. But if not will have a drink and watch a movie
    Glad all is fixed now. Have a fabulous time!
    Slot Youtube Channel:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Las Vegas Trip reports:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Twitter:

am laughing so hard, they put DH in the box flying out of LaGuardia 4-5 years ago - turned around to see where he was and they'd herded him and several others into this this big plastic box, never laughed so hard in my life - we'd never seen one before, was truly one of those wtf moments..

Quote Originally Posted by charlie50 View Post
    MY God they put my sweetie Donna in the time out box ....JC ! such stupidity .