User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Question for the dog owners?

Question for the dog owners?

Carlos (shin tzu) has a weepy eye that is crusted shut. The vet is coming tomorrow at 10:00 am. Does anyone have suggestions on how to make him more comfortable. I have tried wiping it with a warm wash cloth, put he freaks and pulls out of my grasp. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Maybe wipe it with warm water and cotton ball and/or spray a saline solution spray (like we would use in vegas for dry nose) I wouldn't hesitate to put a little vasaline on it.

My sons pug often gets eye infections and/or cuts and won't let us touch it either. He seems to do better if we leave it alone until he vet can look at it. We usually just give him something for the pain, which helps some. Poor thing, hope he gets better soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wish I could help CeCe. Poor baby, hoping Carlos has a restful night.

Our Pekingese used to deal with the same issue. It was as hard on us as it was on him, but we used a warm cloth to clean it regularly. He would cry and wimper, and fight to get loose, but it was the best thing. It was always allergies. Hope he gets relief today.

Thanks guys. He slept at my feet all night. He does have allergies and I give him a children's allergy tablet everyday. I had Windows and doors open Saturday as our humidity dropped and I wanted to air out the house. Warm cloth tums again this AM and Dr. Raynea comes at 10. This mobile vet van is awesome. Only about 15 dollars more than a normal vet visit and they co e to your home.. Great for anxious dogs (or cats)

Hoping he feels better soon!!! Poor baby

Scratch on his eye.. Ointment three times a day. Also has allergies.. So I need to give him 1/2 an adult Zyrtec each day. Hopefully it starts to heal up soon. He was great for the vet once he caned down and realized she was trying to help him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OH, poor doggie - hope he is feeling better soon.
    My doggie also has allergies, we believe it is why her previous owners got rid of her. We have her on Atarax and prednisone every 2 to 3 days. We got her about 80% under control and she seems happy.
    Hope your little guy is better soon!

Is wrestling a 12 pound dog to get ointment in his eye an Olympic sport? If so I might have a chance to medal..