User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I have the NO trip of any kind blues

I have the NO trip of any kind blues

For the first time in many many years we do not have a trip to look forward to. Nothing booked right now except a one night stay in Fargo ND in February.. not what I think of when I think trip. I was checking out SunCountry.com this morning - for WING it Tuesday - and I could have bought tickets to Vegas for next Wednesday, coming home late Friday for less than $100 each. Keith just headed out of town for work, so I couldn't commit. Now I am searching around for my favorite artists and checking concert dates. I suggested to Keith we head to NYC on my birthday to see Brett Eldridge.. he thought about it. until I told him it was a Wednesday . I want to go to George Straight in Vegas, I want to go to the ACM's in Vegas. Life and local committments keep me tied to the MN, ND, WI area until end of May. Hoping I can convince Keith to take a spur of the moment trip somewhere.

To all of you going on cruises, heading to Laughlin, going to Palm Springs, driving across country, please share your experiences. I am living Vicariously through all of you until I can get something booked. I hate going to work every day and not having a VACATION count down. Oh Poor Poor me..

Lol, first world problems and I know exactly how you feel! We hate not having a trip to look forward to also! We are trying to hopefully get a Vegas trip in this spring and just started planning discussions before I left for my current work trip. Hopefully we'll both have something on the calendar soon!
    Slot wins @
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by CTslotters View Post
    Lol, first world problems and I know exactly how you feel! We hate not having a trip to look forward to also! We are trying to hopefully get a Vegas trip in this spring and just started planning discussions before I left for my current work trip. Hopefully we'll both have something on the calendar soon!
    ... the young kids (anyone under 40) give me grief when I whine about it. Today one asked the other "When is the last time you were on a plane?". Thank you @CTslotters for sharing your cruise photos.. I brought up your cooking excursion at Cozumel today at lunch and everyone agreed it sounded AWESOME. Hope your work travels go smoothly and you can get a trip on the books. I may just go Vacation Ninja on Keith and plan an entire trip and just tell him about it. If it involves Golf, he will be happy.

Same here no trips planned til June most likely due to Amy having to fill in at work for a girl on maternity leave.

Hopefully girl comes back early from leave

Blog Entries
    None here until August when I hope to make the AC M&G then on to Philadelphia then up to Quebec and back home, either across Canada or back through NY and OH to visit friends. Only 1 driving trip planned for this year, but the year is young!
    Dawn

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CTslotters View Post
    Trying to plan a Vegas trip for the end of April, by any chance?

Blog Entries
    I know the feeling of not having a trip planned. When I was married (well, still technically married, but you know what I mean), I was pretty much ALWAYS planning a trip for Scott and I to take. There was always some milestone that we had to celebrate... his 40th birthday, my 40th birthday, our anniversary... very easy to justify when we had tons of miles and hotel points to make our trips almost free except for expenses while there. And if he couldn't go, then I was planning on going somewhere with my mom. I literally get depressed when I don't have something planned as travel is so important to me. It sucks thinking about not going to Europe or Hawaii again for a long while since I won't have anyone to travel to places like that with. So, at least I can always get away to Vegas, and Vegas is one place I don't mind going alone.

Even with me getting a divorce, Scott is still sympathetic to my "need" to travel and that's why he's graciously decided to come watch the cat this weekend while I'm in Vegas. He knows I get depressed when I don't have anything to look forward to (he doesn't know about my April trip yet, lol).

I'm in the same boat pretty much. I know I am going to the Nascar truck races in June. It's a Friday night so we are staying at Winstar for a couple nights. Up until a few days ago we had a Vegas trip planned for June, but we decided to hold off on that until the fall. In its place we are going to go to New Orleans in August for a long weekend. We booked a room at Four Points on Bourban Street with a balcony. I'm pretty excited about that.

That's all that I have planned for this year so far. I know once Spring rolls around we will be going up to Oklahoma here and there.

Last year I didn't know I was going to Miami up until about a month and a half before. That's usually how my year goes.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MNvegasgal View Post
    For the first time in many many years we do not have a trip to look forward to. Nothing booked right now except a one night stay in Fargo ND in February.. not what I think of when I think trip. I was checking out SunCountry.com this morning - for WING it Tuesday - and I could have bought tickets to Vegas for next Wednesday, coming home late Friday for less than $100 each. Keith just headed out of town for work, so I couldn't commit. Now I am searching around for my favorite artists and checking concert dates. I suggested to Keith we head to NYC on my birthday to see Brett Eldridge.. he thought about it. until I told him it was a Wednesday . I want to go to George Straight in Vegas, I want to go to the ACM's in Vegas. Life and local committments keep me tied to the MN, ND, WI area until end of May. Hoping I can convince Keith to take a spur of the moment trip somewhere.

To all of you going on cruises, heading to Laughlin, going to Palm Springs, driving across country, please share your experiences. I am living Vicariously through all of you until I can get something booked. I hate going to work every day and not having a VACATION count down. Oh Poor Poor me..
    There's really only one solution to this dilemma, and that is to book something! Book something a ways out, and be sure it is completely refundable, but book it! It puts something on the calendar to look forward to, and if you end up cancelling, it's no big deal as long as you don't get your heart too set on it. I do this a lot!!

Awwww I wish you were coming to Palm Springs Cece... I like the Vacation Ninja idea though...

I get what you are saying...it's so hard when you don't have something on the calendar to look forward to.

Luckily we've got Palm Springs and then we're going to stay overnight at Mystic and go see Gladys Knight in February. We got another airfare/hotel/freeplay offer from Omaha so we are going there in March. April I think we are going to see the step daughter in Georgia. I've got a work trip to Colorado but not sure when that is. DH is going to Orlando this spring for work so I might join him there. We just booked a condo for Maui, but that's not till next January.