User Tag List

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ACL Surgery #2 for my soon to be Bionic Dog Carlos.

ACL Surgery #2 for my soon to be Bionic Dog Carlos.

Carlos jumped off the couch last Thursday after and immediatedly started limping. I was hoping it was a result of the Rabies shot he had that day, but after 4 days he is still not using the right hind leg, and is struggling. The Vet sedated him and did an x-ray and the right ACL is torn. He also appears to have some facial paralysis on his left side of his face, which may be the result of a Thryoid issue. Blood work should provide some insight. Carlos has a lot of life left in him, and has been by my side supporting me through a crappy few month. Surgery is scheduled for the 21st. I may have a bionic dog soon - but I would give up just about anything to give him a healthy and happy life. Crazy I know, but I love this darn dog!

One of our friends dogs had the same thing from jumping off the couch. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoping all goes well with Carlos' surgery. You are so right, when they look at you, you can feel the love and will do anything for them. I also hope the paralysis is short term and is something minor.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

Thinking good thoughts for Carlos's surgery and for you too CeCe. I've been dealing with my own health issues of my Yorkie and it's like having a sick child and never easy to see them suffer.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by tee2green; 03-14-2017 at 11:55 AM.

Thinking good thoughts for Carlos's surgery. It's amazing what they can do for dogs nowadays. Dogs are wonderful companions - I'm glad you've had him by your side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoping all goes well for Carlos's surgery.

Wishing Carlos a speedy recovery! He is such a cutie!

Hoping for a quick recovery for Lil cutie Carlos.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Sorry Carlos and you have to do the surgery again. He is such a cutie!

Poor Carlos! So sorry that he has to go through surgery again. We are playing the waiting game with Dimitri. His X-ray showed an ACL tear. The vet thought it may heal with "bed rest". We'll take him back at the beginning of April and make the surgery decision. It's been almost impossible to keep a 90 pound, 3 year old German shepherd quiet and sedate. He want so bad to go chase the neighbor dog along the back fence. Not letting him play is breaking my heart. I sure hope Carlos recovers quickly from the surgery and continues his happy wonderful life!