User Tag List

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Need good thought for Helix coming to live with me.

Sorry to hear. I’m sure the behavioral therapist will be able to help you and Helix through this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MNvegasgal View Post
    Having some Helix issues, he bit me last night.. After lunging at me. I have the behavioral therapist coming tomorrow am and the vet coming Thursday PM. This is the 2nd bite, the first one was on my foot when I tied to push him away from another dogs food. Last night was nothing like that.n I do not want to be afraid of my dog, so please keep good thoughts that we can figure this out and with training and vet guidance, we can work through this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh no CeCe! Did he break your skin? Poor little guy...I'm glad you are working with a therapist.

Need good thought for Helix coming to live with me.

[QUOTE=Laurie;195352]Sorry to hear. I’m sure the behavioral therapist will be able to help you and Helix through this.

@Laurie and @Mary9915

He did not break the skin. I was confrontational and yelled no, which caused him to lash out. She feels the showing him who’s boss approach does not work with him. He gets more defensive. I am leArning to distract him and get him into a kennel to reduce the tension and stress. It will take some work (ok a lot of work) but I am not giving up on him. I just have to be more consistent and prepared.

She also suggested I talk to the vet about anxiety meds. We will see how the vet visit goes tomorrow. Thank you everyone.
    Last edited by MNvegasgal; 11-01-2017 at 06:01 PM.

Prayers for Helix and for you. You are doing the right things and they will get sorted out. It is hard when you don't know their history and what started their issues. Good Luck!!!

Training with Helix today went well. Vet visit was also good. She like the plan of action. Wants to hold off on anxiety meds until we see if any progress. She did give him a low dose of pain pills as it seems he has some neck muscle issues and can't turn his head. We will see if pain may be causing some of the aggression. Now I am going to look for a doggie massage therapist

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

owls
    Good luck with Helix and his training. He's so darn cute.

Oh wow, I never thought of possible pain or other issues. My deaf guy sometimes snaps when he is startled, I am sure because he feels vulnerable. Maybe the vet is on to something with Helix! I so hope you get it all figured out soon. He is a cutie pie.