User Tag List

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Need good thought for Helix coming to live with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckylinda123 View Post
    But he looks so cute and comfy. I love the colors you chose. Very inviting and cozy
    Thank you @Luckylinda123, it was a labor of love and I like the way it turned out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by serenasea View Post
    What a pose! He's cute and he knows it, and I'll bet you just want to hug him all the time. Your guest room looks so serene and welcoming, beautiful colors.
    @serenesea .. he does know it and even when he is naughty he is cute. Thanks for your kind words.

Quote Originally Posted by zeus View Post
    zeus?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    That will be his new nickname.. Diva Zeus!

Haha, he is too damn cute! We call ours The Little Prince when he is not being an ass, which is most of the time lately!

@MNvegasgal, he is too cute, isn't crazy how we let these little dogs take over our homes. Here's our little Sophie girl, she likes to sneak up on our bed too!

If I wanted a time out, I would go back to kindergarten.

He's as adorable as ever, but of course I'm partial to Yorkies

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Having some Helix issues, he bit me last night.. After lunging at me. I have the behavioral therapist coming tomorrow am and the vet coming Thursday PM. This is the 2nd bite, the first one was on my foot when I tied to push him away from another dogs food. Last night was nothing like that.n I do not want to be afraid of my dog, so please keep good thoughts that we can figure this out and with training and vet guidance, we can work through this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MNvegasgal View Post
    Having some Helix issues, he bit me last night.. After lunging at me. I have the behavioral therapist coming tomorrow am and the vet coming Thursday PM. This is the 2nd bite, the first one was on my foot when I tied to push him away from another dogs food. Last night was nothing like that.n I do not want to be afraid of my dog, so please keep good thoughts that we can figure this out and with training and vet guidance, we can work through this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    A good trainer should be able to correct this behavior. We're both issues started by food? Seems like a common trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoArmedBandito View Post
    A good trainer should be able to correct this behavior. We're both issues started by food? Seems like a common trigger.

HI Tab, the first was food, which we have been working on, the 2nd was a piece of my clothing he took, and when I went to pick it up and put it in the hamper he lunged. The are all guarding type issues, which leads us to believe he had to fight for toys, food, and basic items of security somewhere before I got him. He is doing much better on toys, and will bring them to me, and let me take them from him. Food is still tough, so I feed him in his kennel, so I can shut the door if he gets aggressive. I got him a puzzle bowl to try and slow down his eating.. but that just frustrates him.

Oh no I really hope you can work through this. You are surely doing all the right things by calling in the pros. Many people would not make the effort. I hope your bite isn't too severe. Oh, Helix .