User Tag List

Thread: Degenerate in the making

Degenerate in the making

So I asked my granddaughter where she wanted to go for vacation before school starts and so I just booked a trip to Vegas 7/16-7/20 and will be taking my 15 year old granddaughter. I need ideas for things to do with a minor, she wants to make use of the pools as much as possible. I'm looking for those with pool experience to offer suggestions as to the appropriate pools to check out (I just imagine a bunch of drunks peeing and puking in the pools). I have rooms at TI and Linq booked so far but could change if the pools are better elsewhere. Since we live in Florida and have a pool, I haven't checked pools in Vegas before, as I go to play the slots. This trip will be more for my granddaughter, so gambling will be limited to early morning or late night.

She wants to check out the Titanic exhibit, Bodies in Motion and see some shows too. Any ideas (especially the frugal kind) are greatly encouraged.

Blog Entries
    I want to say New york new york has a really nice game room and of course the roller coaster on the roof .
    manhattan_express_vegas_677.jpg

Flamingo has a really nice pool or you could do what I did when our son was under age and get her a fake ID. hhh

Take her downtown for the light show also the M&M store The big ferris wheel Circus Circus arcade.When you go downtown get a bus pass you won't believe the creatures on the bus. hhh Oh and top of the stratosphere.

Blog Entries
    Wasn't sure of the rule and if I could post this link but the Big Boss said OK. This was a great TR of doing Vegas with kids.

https://vegasfanatics.com/index.php?...e-8-11th.3347/

Just follow VegasChic's postings.
    Dawn

Mirage has beautiful pools, too. Also, if you're heading to the M&M store, you also might want to check out the Coke store, you can do a coke tasting of Cokes from around the world, 16 Cokes for less than $10 (I remember reading someone doing that recently).

What about Mandalay bay?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Being from So Cali and having a 23 year old daughter that has loved going to Vegas since she was a kid I have a ton of experience. As far as pools go the Linq and TI's both suck when it comes to Vegas standards ( I know you'll laugh and won't take offense to my bluntness). Also there is absolutely nothing for a teen to do at either with the exception of the mall across from TI and the surrounding hotels plus the Linq shopping and dining area ending with the High Roller Ferris wheel. Flamingo has a great pool but boring otherwise for a teen. MGM has wonderful pools but really party atmosphere and not a whole lot to do for her. Mirage has an absolute freakin fantastic pool plus has the Secret Garden and Dolphins. It also is not such a party pool but since your granddaughter is under 18 they'll expect you to be with her. If you wanted to use an offer and save more money to do stuff then I'd choose TI. There's also the tram to Mirage from there which is nice. I'm going to talk to my girl tonight and I'll ask her.

Ang

Thanks for the suggestions, please keep them coming. I always overplan, make a list and then forget everything the first day. I have changed the reservation from the Linq to Mandalay Bay as the pool there looks awesome. It's a lot further down the strip than we've ever stayed, so will be new for Vernon and I too. I'll have to figure out the best transportation options since walking that far with my overweight self in the heat just isn't going to happen. So far, I'm planning on taking her to see Mystere and Love, a trip downtown, a trip to the Coke store, shopping (she is a teenage girl - so shopping is a given), Madame Tussauds, Bodies in Motion, The Titanic, maybe a gondola ride, Bellagio garden and fountain show, the volcano show at Mirage, so much I want her to see and enjoy. I know she would be thrilled with a limo ride, so may consider that.

By the way any Jokers going to be in Vegas the week of 7/15?