User Tag List

Thread: Has anybody ever VRBO'd their home?

Has anybody ever VRBO'd their home?

Super Bowl is coming to MN and homes are in high demand. I am thinking of renting out my house for 5 days and heading to KC to get rid of the chaos. Feedback would be greatly appreciated. My daughter and her boyfriend think I could rent it for at least 1,000 a day. I would have to invest a little in two IKEA beds and would lock out my bedroom. 4 bedroom 2.5 baths, 2 family rooms, updated kitchen with all new appliances, dining and living room, 3 car garage and large yard with Deck with gas grill and gas fire pit.

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a bunch of money but I would want a deposit. When Pat gets back from Hawaii she can tell you more about it as she is close to a big music festival in Cali and some of her neighbors rented their house out.

Quote Originally Posted by foamy View Post
    That's a bunch of money but I would want a deposit. When Pat gets back from Hawaii she can tell you more about it as she is close to a big music festival in Cali and some of her neighbors rented their house out.
    Yep.. deposit for sure, and I want to find out if I have to get a seperate insurance policy. I am going to do a bunch of research, bit the idea is tempting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck with that and keep us posted Cece. We've rented from VRBO tons of times but have never rented our home. We've had rentals where we've been charged for the insurance and we've always paid a refundable security deposit.

It sounds fantastic and if it's not too much cost wise to make your house more useable for a family or group then why the hell not!!! I'd love to hear what you learn and if you actually do it.

Ang

I was curious so I just looked and the homes closest to the stadium are going for 1700-2000 a night. I checked for Tuesday before to Tuesday after the Super Bowl.

Ang

Quote Originally Posted by twinslotaddicts View Post
    I was curious so I just looked and the homes closest to the stadium are going for 1700-2000 a night. I checked for Tuesday before to Tuesday after the Super Bowl.

Ang
    I am about 25 minutes from the Stadium in good traffic and 15 minutes from downtown St. Paul light rail station. It is a ways away, so I am going to think about it and do research. I do not think I will get Keith's buy in so the divorce would have to be final and the house in my name.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We just booked a lake house through VRBO. We are going next week. But, for your information while you ponder, we are paying a "per night" rate and then a $500 deposit and a substantial cleaning fee, which we are happy to pay. I think it is a great idea for you. Let us know how it works out.

owls
    Non-refundable deposit?

Hah. I have no clue. I know we have a 48 hour cancellation policy, but didn't even check on the deposit as a refund. We check in on Wednesday. So far it seams pretty seamless.

Quote Originally Posted by owls View Post
    Non-refundable deposit?