User Tag List

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Royal Princess Southern Caribbean Medley - Cruise Time!

Pat
    I woke up wondering if you got there. Thanks for checking in.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat View Post
    I woke up wondering if you got there. Thanks for checking in.
    Ha ha, I am getting superstitious about posting during my travel day. Reading back, some of my flights have been so horrendous I don’t ever want to remember. This flight was actually fun, as I ran into a guy I used to work with that was also Mitch’s friends dad. We were both coming down to Fort Lauderdale for cruises but they are on a different ship. It was really fun to catch up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Royal Princess Southern Caribbean Medley - Cruise Time!

So we both slept surprisingly well. The bed is really comfortable & the room was very very quiet. I woke up about five or 6 AM (not sure since the clocks were changing), and some ships are already in and some were still coming in. There are actually six ships in port today.

. Taken in the wee hours. Our ship is the one in the distance.

These two are right across from my hotel – the regal princess and the carnival conquest. Although the picture doesn’t show it, it is actually a beautiful sunny day.

My foot did not like the travel day, so we decided to just have breakfast here at the hotel and relax until we can head to the port. This is my breakfast after I removed the carbs – potatoes and bread bye-bye.

Mushroom tomato and cheddar omelette with a side of Guac and a side of bacon. Eating low-carb is not terrible, although like @Elf70, know I’ll be craving that cheesecake on the ship!

So we are back in the room lounging around waiting until we can leave. The hotel was nice enough to give us a late check out so it’s easy to be lazy farts.

This one’s for you Zeus. Frank says I look Dutch or a Mario Batali fan. Since I Am of Dutch heritage, and since I would Kill for Mario’s ravioli right now, that works for me .

Putting on the cruise tags.

I can’t stand the wait so we are headed to the port in a few more minutes.

We are onboard ⚓️.

An hour from the hotel to our room, and that includes A 15 minute broken gangway snafu. Don’t even ask HHH

The room is very compact but the closet is much more spacious than I expected. This is called a premium balcony room, Apparently because it has a loveseat. The regular balcony rooms must be really little.

But as always, I did my homework and booked an aft balcony which is at least twice the depth of the ones on the side and has an overhang over half of it. So FRAnk will be able to sit in the shade while I sit in the sun to work on my leather face. And at night we have the beautiful romantic wake to watch in the event of a prize upgrade.

Off tofind some lunch

Royal Princess Southern Caribbean Medley - Cruise Time!

The buffet was fabulous. I will take pictures tomorrow at a time that it’s not so crowded, hopefully.

My current version of a turkey dinner.

The ship is really lovely. She is beautifully maintained and quite elegant. Refined and sophisticated without being stuffy.

Almost time for the lifeboat drill.

Last edited by chrissyDee; 11-05-2017 at 08:53 PM.

Love that you are doing a report since we're doing a Southern Caribbean itinerary later this month! Your trip will hold me over until I am in warm weather once again!
    We will both be following along, enjoy!
    Slot wins @
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by CTslotters View Post
    Love that you are doing a report since we're doing a Southern Caribbean itinerary later this month! Your trip will hold me over until I am in warm weather once again!
    We will both be following along, enjoy!
    We hope to do a fair bit of snorkeling, so will hopefully have tips. Anything specific you want me to check on somewhere?

Just played the theme from The Love Boat on the ship’s horn! And off we go.