User Tag List

Thread: Low carb eating doesn't suck!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by oldslotguy View Post
    See sugar mentioned. Yup, got rid of that too. Splenda ever since.
    Dave, here in the South we drink sweet tea. It is huge down here. That has been my issue for years. I could drink it by the gallon. That is one think that I have given up. I don't care for the taste of Splenda, so it is the pink packet for me.

While 'sweet tea' is nearly never served up here which is fine with me .. yuck. . Yup, we all have our tastes Zeus.

I've tried most all the sweeteners.

Sounds like your doing well in your quest.

Quote Originally Posted by zeus View Post
    Dave, here in the South we drink sweet tea. It is huge down here. That has been my issue for years. I could drink it by the gallon. That is one think that I have given up. I don't care for the taste of Splenda, so it is the pink packet for me.
    Yeah, I mentioned the sweet tea thing while we were getting ready to order at Brio. Glad your annual went well. I've done the keto thing before and was pleased that I did not have the sugar craving I thought I would. I now kind of do my own version. I liked bread and pasta, too, but don't eat much any more.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    RamblinGamblin1 ​on YouTube

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Zeus I too loved Sweet Tea, that and coke! That's all I drank. But I don't do any artificial sweeteners, so when I gave them up, I just did water, for about two weeks. I gradually brought in organic unsweetened tea and it was delicious. I don't know if it helped doing just water for a couple of weeks, but I didn't miss it at all. I've recently added Kombutcha, which is a real treat and I'm hooked. I have just a little serving in a wine glass each night while I cook lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    Zeus I too loved Sweet Tea, that and coke! That's all I drank. But I don't do any artificial sweeteners, so when I gave them up, I just did water, for about two weeks. I gradually brought in organic unsweetened tea and it was delicious. I don't know if it helped doing just water for a couple of weeks, but I didn't miss it at all. I've recently added Kombutcha, which is a real treat and I'm hooked. I have just a little serving in a wine glass each night while I cook lol.
    I have never heard of Kombutcha, but will check it out. I have not been a fan of Coke or Pepsi in probably 35 years. Always a Diet Pepsi person if I have a soft drink. Allen would drink the sweetened ones, alo my with sweet tea constantly. He gave up sweet tea and Pepsi this past January, and lost over 30 lbs. from just that. All that sugar really packed on the weight.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Sweet tea is our thing in Texas too of course. When I gave up sugar many many years ago it was hard to find a sub for sure. But Stevia is what I love in my tea now. There are many formulations out there and some are awful. But Sweet Leaf brand drops are really good and also come in lots of flavors. Our local grocery H-E-B has their own liquid which is a mix of stevia and erythritol which I love. The key is to not use too much stevia or it will taste bitter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk