User Tag List

Thread: Low carb eating doesn't suck!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CTslotters View Post
    I love this thread! Adam and I tend to drink our carbs rather than eating them. Tonight’s dinner was air fryer hot chicken (had two pieces each, hhh) and cauliflower steaks. App was a cucumber from the garden and we had some leftover stir fry garden veggies with rice which I tried to crop since rice is bad, lol. And and IPA!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That looks really good! How do you do your cauliflower steaks? I have been meaning to try that for a change of pace. (I spotted that rice HHH)

Quote Originally Posted by Nhcris View Post
    That looks really good! How do you do your cauliflower steaks? I have been meaning to try that for a change of pace. (I spotted that rice HHH)
    As someone who never ate cauliflower, I love these. We do them in a 425 oven. Rub with olive oil and I use my favorite steak seasoning on it. It’s one from Omaha steaks, apply liberally. Roast for about 13 mins, then flip for another 8-12. The char actually happens on the bottom of the cauliflower so if you don’t flip, that side will get nice and toasty while the other just bakes.

I’ve even topped them with creamy cheesey Swiss chard as a sauce of sorts.

Slot wins @
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by CTslotters View Post
    As someone who never ate cauliflower, I love these. We do them in a 425 oven. Rub with olive oil and I use my favorite steak seasoning on it. It’s one from Omaha steaks, apply liberally. Roast for about 13 mins, then flip for another 8-12. The char actually happens on the bottom of the cauliflower so if you don’t flip, that side will get nice and toasty while the other just bakes.

I’ve even topped them with creamy cheesey Swiss chard as a sauce of sorts.

That sounds simple enough and quite delicious. I will be trying that sometime next week. Thank you!