User Tag List

Page 23 of 164 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast

Thread: Low carb eating doesn't suck!

Quote Originally Posted by zeus View Post
    Dave, here in the South we drink sweet tea. It is huge down here. That has been my issue for years. I could drink it by the gallon. That is one think that I have given up. I don't care for the taste of Splenda, so it is the pink packet for me.
    Zeus I too loved Sweet Tea, that and coke! That's all I drank. But I don't do any artificial sweeteners, so when I gave them up, I just did water, for about two weeks. I gradually brought in organic unsweetened tea and it was delicious. I don't know if it helped doing just water for a couple of weeks, but I didn't miss it at all. I've recently added Kombutcha, which is a real treat and I'm hooked. I have just a little serving in a wine glass each night while I cook lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    Zeus I too loved Sweet Tea, that and coke! That's all I drank. But I don't do any artificial sweeteners, so when I gave them up, I just did water, for about two weeks. I gradually brought in organic unsweetened tea and it was delicious. I don't know if it helped doing just water for a couple of weeks, but I didn't miss it at all. I've recently added Kombutcha, which is a real treat and I'm hooked. I have just a little serving in a wine glass each night while I cook lol.
    I have never heard of Kombutcha, but will check it out. I have not been a fan of Coke or Pepsi in probably 35 years. Always a Diet Pepsi person if I have a soft drink. Allen would drink the sweetened ones, alo my with sweet tea constantly. He gave up sweet tea and Pepsi this past January, and lost over 30 lbs. from just that. All that sugar really packed on the weight.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I will admit to watching the thread closely, just not ready to give up the "white" stuff. I love my breads and pasta and Pepsi. I am not much of a veggie eater and have started trying to add more veggies in, but damn it's not easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Darlene View Post
    I will admit to watching the thread closely, just not ready to give up the "white" stuff. I love my breads and pasta and Pepsi. I am not much of a veggie eater and have started trying to add more veggies in, but damn it's not easy.
    @Darlene step into the light.... you're on the right road.... the road of no return. Once you give in, you will not regret it and never look back. You will be so glad you did. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Darlene View Post
    "give up the white stuff" .. Go for the whole wheat pastas. Has a lot more flavor. Rice too.

Quote Originally Posted by zeus View Post
    Dave, here in the South we drink sweet tea. It is huge down here. That has been my issue for years. I could drink it by the gallon. That is one think that I have given up. I don't care for the taste of Splenda, so it is the pink packet for me.
    Sweet tea is our thing in Texas too of course. When I gave up sugar many many years ago it was hard to find a sub for sure. But Stevia is what I love in my tea now. There are many formulations out there and some are awful. But Sweet Leaf brand drops are really good and also come in lots of flavors. Our local grocery H-E-B has their own liquid which is a mix of stevia and erythritol which I love. The key is to not use too much stevia or it will taste bitter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Laurie View Post
    I made a low carb pizza with the fat head pizza crust. It was good and easy

http://hip2save.com/2017/05/31/fat-h...-pizza-i-love/

That looks just like mine ! That crust is just so easy! Glad you liked it!

Quote Originally Posted by KimKyle View Post
    There are my favorite almond buns. They are super easy. They are great for cinnamon toast or any kind of sandwich.
    Caveman Keto is a great site. Check the comments after the recipe for lots of variations.

http://cavemanketo.com/faux-bread-qu...l-almond-buns/

I just got my muffin top pan so I'm excited to make these tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by Mary9915 View Post
    I just got my muffin top pan so I'm excited to make these tonight!
    Great! Good luck!

I tried these super simple cream cheese pancakes this morning and I am in love with them. Eating them felt like cheating!

Https://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/cream-cheese-pancakes

My picture isn’t pretty, as this was the first attempt and I guess I started out with my temp too high. But by the last one I had it down! I used sugar-free syrup but these would be great with a dollop of keto whipped cream and some berries.