User Tag List

Page 15 of 164 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Low carb eating doesn't suck!

Broiled haddock with cheesy zucchini casserole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boneless skinless Chicken thighs cooked in Worcestershire sauce, Brussel sprouts with pecans, apple cider vinegar and blue cheese and Birdseye frozen mashed cauliflower

Brussel sprouts recipe

http://www.cookinglight.com/recipes/...ns-blue-cheese

Quote Originally Posted by chrissyDee View Post

You know I can't believe this is a diet the food is great

If you guys want to try the chicken thighs here's what we did rubbed them with garlic powder garlic salt Italian seasoning and paprika then fried them in a little olive oil when they were about done pour Worcestershire sauce over them for the last 5 minutes or so.it was great

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chrissyDee View Post

Yummmm!!!!!!
    Dawn

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by foamy View Post
    If you guys want to try the chicken thighs here's what we did rubbed them with garlic powder garlic salt Italian seasoning and paprika then fried them in a little olive oil when they were about done pour Worcestershire sauce over them for the last 5 minutes or so.it was great

If you like that you should try the Baja chicken

Low carb eating doesn't suck!

Quote Originally Posted by Nhcris View Post
    Yay Kim, it's great to have someone with some low carb expertise joining us! I love your idea of sharing recipes, and other resources. I think if we start sharing here, and get enough folks to contribute I can talk our Grand Poohbah (CPT) into letting us start a separate forum category for healthy eating, or maybe even health & wellness category in general. It would be great to get healthy as a group!

Also, it's great to share where you can buy low carb supplies for reasonable prices, as my regular supermarket is brutal on things like the almond flour or cauliflower crumbles. I'll try Trader Joe's for cauliflower rice, although I am not a fan of my particular TJ's because they never have what I am looking for!

Thanks for the suggestions and please give me some yummy but easy recipes HHH
    One of the first places I found recipes was a site by a woman who lives close to me here. It has lots and lots of simple recipes along with pics,carb counts, and some discussion. Take a look at
    Genaw.com/lowcarb

I’m not sure about posting actual links here -did that get asked and answered above?

Anyway check that out for lots of simple ideas

Last edited by KimKyle; 12-05-2017 at 02:25 AM.

If you like broccoli I have been making this fairly low carb salad at Christmas and throughout the year. The only not so good carbs are the peas and onions (for some reason I think you aren't supposed to eat onions...but not sure)

cut up broccoli florets
    cut up cauliflower florets
    chopped up red onion to taste
    green peas (as many as you like I usually do about 1/2 to 3/4 of a cup)
    cut up bacon
    parmesean cheese
    mayo ( I use the lowest carb one I can find)
    Truvia or any other natural sweetner

Place the broccoli, cauliflower, thawed peas, red onion and bacon in a large bowl.
    To make the dressing put about a cup of mayo in a small bowl and add enough of the Truvia until just sweet. Mix together until creamy and not grainy in texture. Add the dressing to the salad ingredients and mix together and chill for about an hour. Top with parmesean cheese when ready to serve..

I think this is delicious even the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeani View Post
    If you like broccoli I have been making this fairly low carb salad at Christmas and throughout the year. The only not so good carbs are the peas and onions (for some reason I think you aren't supposed to eat onions...but not sure)

cut up broccoli florets
    cut up cauliflower florets
    chopped up red onion to taste
    green peas (as many as you like I usually do about 1/2 to 3/4 of a cup)
    cut up bacon
    parmesean cheese
    mayo ( I use the lowest carb one I can find)
    Truvia or any other natural sweetner

Place the broccoli, cauliflower, thawed peas, red onion and bacon in a large bowl.
    To make the dressing put about a cup of mayo in a small bowl and add enough of the Truvia until just sweet. Mix together until creamy and not grainy in texture. Add the dressing to the salad ingredients and mix together and chill for about an hour. Top with parmesean cheese when ready to serve..

I think this is delicious even the next day.
    Jeani, that sounds delicious! Onions are fairly high in carbs (most vegetables grown under ground share this tendency) but as long as you use small amounts it doesn't add up to that much. I reduce the amounts in most recipes now, and haven't noticed much of a change in taste as a little onion goes a long way! I mean, giving up onions just is not possible!

Quote Originally Posted by KimKyle View Post
    One of the first places I found recipes was a site by a woman who lives close to me here. It has lots and lots of simple recipes along with pics,carb counts, and some discussion. Take a look at
    Genaw.com/lowcarb

I’m not sure about posting actual links here -did that get asked and answered above?

Anyway check that out for lots of simple ideas

Kim, this is a no rules forum, so no problem posting links. I am working on starting us a new section for recipes and for posts! Stay tuned