User Tag List

Page 42 of 164 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292142 ... LastLast

Thread: Low carb eating doesn't suck!

I saw this Turkish food on the Internet a while back so we converted it to Keto Laurie made dough while I chopped up onions Green peppers and Italian sausage it was out of this world goodIMG_1914.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mary9915 View Post
    Everything looks so yummy! I'm going to try making some broccoli mash...that look delicious Foamy! So do your lettuce wraps Derek. We eat them all the time in the summer, I need to get some lettuce and make them.

Over the weekend I made this peanut sauce which was delicious! I followed the recipe exactly and the ratios were perfect.

https://www.thekitchn.com/go-to-sala...ge-slaw-172566

We used it on broccoli salad, but then I put some red pepper flakes with it and used it on chicken as a Thai peanut satay which was also delicious. It's a keeper recipe for us.

Last night I made my first batch of almond buns that were posted here. They are so easy and so yummy! I added garlic powder and some fresh dill to mine.

Attachment 6468
    So glad you like the almond buns. They look great!!

Quote Originally Posted by Laurie View Post
    Thanks for posting That would be good when short on time!
    OMG so wasn’t good on my keto in LV and afraid to weigh in hopefully all the walking helped. Usually doesn’t take too long to get back on track and had lots of fun

This weekend kinda messed me up too but back to it now!

Dinner tonight was Salsa Verde Chicken Casserole. It was really good for a winter night!

Here's the recipe. I did put it under the broiler at the end to brown it a bit, but other than that mostly followed the recipe.
    https://www.isavea2z.com/low-carb-sa...serole-recipe/

Quote Originally Posted by chrissyDee View Post
    Dinner tonight was Salsa Verde Chicken Casserole. It was really good for a winter night!

Here's the recipe. I did put it under the broiler at the end to brown it a bit, but other than that mostly followed the recipe.
    https://www.isavea2z.com/low-carb-sa...serole-recipe/

That looks delicious!

Looks yummy Chris! I really appreciate you including the links! I didn't get a lot of cooking done this weekend. I got some preseasoned ribs from Costco and cooked them. Last night we had tuna fish lettuce wraps...one of my favorite easy dinners. Tonight I think I'll make shrimp fried rice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mary9915 View Post
    Looks yummy Chris! I really appreciate you including the links! I didn't get a lot of cooking done this weekend. I got some preseasoned ribs from Costco and cooked them. Last night we had tuna fish lettuce wraps...one of my favorite easy dinners. Tonight I think I'll make shrimp fried rice.
    I had a bacon grease spill due to stupidity (mine), so my oven was out of commission most of yesterday. That is my excuse for not doing my usual Sunday food prep I always forget tuna lettuce wraps. Thanks for there reminder, I think we will do that for lunch tomorrow. Luckily that casserole I made last night was huge, so plenty of leftovers, and it's nice and warm so we will do some grilling. I'm thinking bunless burgers with cheddar & grilled asparagus tonight. But I am finicky, so who knows what I will actually do HHH.

Blog Entries
    Well yesterday we had a fried chicken dinner (at our local Irish restaurant). We always save half and bring it home. Since I didn't have a kitchen eating out has been a little difficult. I just been concentrating on eating less.

I had fresh asparagus and zucchini in the refrig. that I had bought last weekend right before the disaster in my house.

Well this morning they came and took away all of the industrial fans and dehumidifiers. I spent the day cleaning my kitchen (although I still have no ceiling, just open beams) top to bottom.

So for dinner I made roasted zucchini and asparagus with Parmesan cheese, I baked the left over chicken and we each had 1 very small leftover boiled potato that I put in the oven with everything else. Easy clean up.

So my point here is while it wasn't too low in carbs Bill did say he liked the roasted zucchini!!!! That's a win in this house... progress I can see helping us out in the future.
    Dawn

Did well for breakfast and lunch and afternoon snack, and things went to hell tonight. I had to shovel and get the tax Id set up for the trust and had my Neice stop over, then I had divorce group.. so I are a ton of Chex mix I had made to send to my daughter. Yikes!

Quote Originally Posted by MNvegasgal View Post
    Did well for breakfast and lunch and afternoon snack, and things went to hell tonight. I had to shovel and get the tax Id set up for the trust and had my Neice stop over, then I had divorce group.. so I are a ton of Chex mix I had made to send to my daughter. Yikes!

We all have days like that-today is a new day .
    Stress is our worst enemy and you are dealing with so much ! Hopefully it will all be resolved soon and you will be able to relax!