User Tag List

Page 111 of 164 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1633

Thread: Low carb eating doesn't suck!

Our Second Keto Thanksgiving worked out okay. Luckily, Whole Foods was open this morning, so I was able to pick up a fresh turkey and some decent stuff for sides. I was happy because our other option was scrambled eggs since our cupboards are pretty bare after vacation! I did have to keep it simple though, since I had no time to prep ahead.

Turkey, cauliflower mash, roasted mashed acorn (or similar) squash, homemade cranberry sauce and Keto gravy.

Keto Pumpkin Pie Cupcake (I got a little carried away with the whipped cream HHH)

Quote Originally Posted by dvandentop View Post
    Give it a week or 2 of back on plan you will be surprised prob be back down to pre trip weight. Sometines cheating for a bit actually reboost the metabolism agaib
    Well, I don't know how or why, but I came home even!! That is quite a miracle really. I am getting right back on the plan though, and hopefully I did shake up my metabolism a bit, since I have been stuck for weeks and weeks.

Thanks for the encouragement!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nhcris View Post
    Well, I don't know how or why, but I came home even!! That is quite a miracle really. I am getting right back on the plan though, and hopefully I did shake up my metabolism a bit, since I have been stuck for weeks and weeks.

Thanks for the encouragement!!
    Hell yeah that is awesome just another win for the trip!
    Glad it all worked out
    And yes I have read before where it is good to cheat when on keto for a long time to shake things up

Our Second Keto Thanksgiving worked out okay. Luckily, Whole Foods was open this morning, so I was able to pick up a fresh turkey and some decent stuff for sides. I was happy because our other option was scrambled eggs since our cupboards are pretty bare after vacation! I did have to keep it simple though, since I had no time to prep ahead.

Turkey, cauliflower mash, roasted mashed acorn (or similar) squash, homemade cranberry sauce and Keto gravy.

Keto Pumpkin Pie Cupcake (I got a little carried away with the whipped cream HHH)
    Very impressive spread! I tried making a keto stuffing before I left town since it is one of foamy’s favorite foods. It was just okay will try again with some changes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hint: If you are making homemade cranberry sauce, and find a recipe that calls for vanilla, look for another recipe!

That meals looks wonderful!! What did you thicken gravy with? I used xanthan gum and it was like gel...weird- tasted good but didn't look like gravy and no one else would touch the freaky science project

Quote Originally Posted by nhmajik View Post
    That meals looks wonderful!! What did you thicken gravy with? I used xanthan gum and it was like gel...weird- tasted good but didn't look like gravy and no one else would touch the freaky science project
    I have terrible luck with Xantham gum. I just can't get the texture right, and I guess I always use too much as it turns into a gloppy gooey hideous mess. I just used some heavy cream and cream cheese. It would have worked better if I had less liquid, but it tasted rich and creamy. Last night I made a sort of turkey ala king with what was left of it, and it thickens up nicely when I added some shredded cheese haha!

Ughhhh scale was scary again this morn after a 3 day Thanksgiving feast. Back on track tomorrow for sure
    Will be another 2 week track to pre Thanksgiving weight again .

Quote Originally Posted by dvandentop View Post
    Ughhhh scale was scary again this morn after a 3 day Thanksgiving feast. Back on track tomorrow for sure
    Will be another 2 week track to pre Thanksgiving weight again .
    You'll do it! You have definitely learned how your body will respond. I really admire the way you have figured out the right balance!

You'll do it! You have definitely learned how your body will respond. I really admire the way you have figured out the right balance!
    Damn so many carbs over the last couple days not many good veggies that's for sure is what really makes it stick on I think.

Also too many good pies and bars.

Will report back in on the progress again how it goes.