User Tag List

Page 16 of 164 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast

Thread: Low carb eating doesn't suck!

Blog Entries
    I use a avocado mayo and can not tell the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by michelelovesvegas View Post
    I use a avocado mayo and can not tell the difference.
    I need to try that. I am also considering making my own mayo, but I don't really want to be bothered.

I am so frustrated by all the hidden bad fats, sugars & crap in our food! This has been really eye opening.

Lunch was Spinach salad with hot bacon dressing. Yummy!

Quote Originally Posted by Nhcris View Post
    Lunch was Spinach salad with hot bacon dressing. Yummy!

How do you do the hot bacon dressing Chris?

Blog Entries
    Recipe for the hot bacon dressing please? (general) Have some beautiful spinach in the garden, heading out to cut it for dinner.

http://www.modernlowcarb.com/recipes...to-gluten-free

(I didn't add the red onions and don't do almonds, but they would have added texture that would have enhanced it. I also cook my bacon ahead & save the grease, and I had boiled eggs from last night's Instant Pot experiment. I didn't add sweetener, and as far as I'm concerned it didn't need it)

low carb spinach salad with hot bacon dressing

prep time: 15 minutes cook time: 10 minutes• low carb • keto • gluten-free • paleo
    by darcy, modern low carb
    published in: salads, pork, vegetables

INGREDIENTS
    2 cups raw, washed spinach
    1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
    1 tbsp finely diced shallot
    4 oz fresh white mushrooms, sliced1⁄2 pound bacon, plus drippings
    2 tbsp red onion, finely diced
    4 hard boiled eggs
    2 tbsp slivered almonds
    3 tbsp bacon grease
    1 tbsp dijon mustard
    1 tbsp red wine vinegar
    1 tsp chopped shallots
    1⁄4 tsp sweetener, optional
    salt and pepper to taste

yield: 4 servings
    PREPARATION
    Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place bacon on a parchmentpaper lined baking sheet. Cook bacon in oven for 15-18 minutesuntil it reaches your desired level of crispiness. Drain bacongrease and save the drippings in a separate container.
    Fill a small pot of water and gently place 4 eggs in the water.Bring water to a boil and turn down the heat a bit, allowing eggsto cook for 10 minutes. Drain water and then place the cookedeggs under running cold water for at least a minute. This willallow the shells to be removed easier. Peel and slice the eggs intothin slices.
    -Chop the shallot into a fine dice. In a small saucepan, heatolive oil over medium heat. Add half the shallots and cook untilaromatic, about a minute. Add the sliced mushrooms and cook for3-5 minutes until browned on both sides.
    Build the salad by placing spinach in a large bowl. Addcrumbled cooked bacon, cooked mushrooms, red onion, egg andalmonds.
    Prepare dressing by mixing vinegar and mustard togetherwith a whisk. Add the other half of the cooked shallots and
    whisk. Add sweetener if desired. Drizzle in the warm bacongrease while whisking. Add salt and pepper if needed. Top thesalad while the dressing is hot.

Nutritional Info per Serving: 370.7 calories, 33.9 grams fat, 3 gramscarbohydrate, .9 grams dietary fiber, 2.1 grams net carbohydrate, 12.4 gramsprotein.

Blog Entries
    Sounds easy enough, going to use garlic (already been to grocer today). Recipes always make it sound like a chore. I can totally condense that recipe in 20 words or less, lol.

Specials this week whole ribeye 2.99 per lb baby back ribs 1.99 boneless skinless chicken breast $.99 good earth three pepper cheese $.99 a pound lot a good diet food

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by foamy View Post
    Specials this week whole ribeye 2.99 per lb baby back ribs 1.99 boneless skinless chicken breast $.99 good earth three pepper cheese $.99 a pound lot a good diet food

Holy crap, where do you shop? I can't come close to those prices. You gonna be eating good, but then, when don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Nhcris View Post
    Holy crap, where do you shop? I can't come close to those prices. You gonna be eating good, but then, when don't you?
    Dutchmans store google it and check the ad there's a bunch more good stuff this week