User Tag List

Page 41 of 164 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141 ... LastLast

Thread: Low carb eating doesn't suck!

Everything looks so yummy! I'm going to try making some broccoli mash...that look delicious Foamy! So do your lettuce wraps Derek. We eat them all the time in the summer, I need to get some lettuce and make them.

Over the weekend I made this peanut sauce which was delicious! I followed the recipe exactly and the ratios were perfect.

https://www.thekitchn.com/go-to-sala...ge-slaw-172566

We used it on broccoli salad, but then I put some red pepper flakes with it and used it on chicken as a Thai peanut satay which was also delicious. It's a keeper recipe for us.

Last night I made my first batch of almond buns that were posted here. They are so easy and so yummy! I added garlic powder and some fresh dill to mine.

Almond Buns.JPG

Will have to show Amy that peanut sauce recipie she is on a kick for it lately

Have to change it up every now & then, especially breakfast!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Low carb eating doesn't suck!

More food prep, grilled some steaks .prepped some bacon and blue salads, and will have steak fajitas but will use lettuce cups instead of tortillas.winning

Last edited by MNvegasgal; 02-15-2018 at 02:17 AM.

Found these at the store last night for a quick fix after work out.. low carb 2gms but fairly high calories.. yummy though.

Quote Originally Posted by MNvegasgal View Post
    Found these at the store last night for a quick fix after work out.. low carb 2gms but fairly high calories.. yummy though.

If you cooked a couple eggs with some bacon & cheese, you'd have about the same calories. I looked at the ingredient list, and I think the carbs come from the powdered cellulose, which is the so called 'wood pulp' they use in shredded cheese to prevent caking. I think for the convenience, that is a pretty decent choice, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Nhcris View Post
    If you cooked a couple eggs with some bacon & cheese, you'd have about the same calories. I looked at the ingredient list, and I think the carbs come from the powdered cellulose, which is the so called 'wood pulp' they use in shredded cheese to prevent caking. I think for the convenience, that is a pretty decent choice, really.
    Thanks!! If I find them on sale again I may buy a few for work. Beats oatmeal which is so HIGH in carbs.

Quote Originally Posted by MNvegasgal View Post

Thanks for posting That would be good when short on time!
    OMG so wasn’t good on my keto in LV and afraid to weigh in hopefully all the walking helped. Usually doesn’t take too long to get back on track and had lots of fun

We had gorgeous steaks for dinner tonight! Mine was a tenderloin and he had a sirloin strip. Surprise surprise that we don't even like the same cuts of meat HHH. I really need to work on plating, but here is my rare filet along with loaded cauliflower mash and some Guy's low carb BBQ sauce for dipping. I feel like Superman with all that beautiful iron in my system! Only thing missing was a nice glass of cabernet, but not tonight. I am on a mission!

We've been doing a "lower carb" meal plan, which is working for us. Our one problem is not being fond of the good vegetables. This would be us if I tried subbing cauliflower for potatoes.

Mashed cauliflower.jpg