User Tag List

Page 45 of 161 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595145 ... LastLast

Thread: Low carb eating doesn't suck!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DK528 View Post
    Going to make that broccoli mash @foamy described earlier!

If I have more time, will get some tuna to sear and then I'll make a tomato vinaigrette for it. Tomatoes probably aren't low carb but if I'm cutting out a lot of other stuff, I'm keeping tomatoes in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's really good but needs salt and pepper.

Going to make that broccoli mash @foamy described earlier!

If I have more time, will get some tuna to sear and then I'll make a tomato vinaigrette for it. Tomatoes probably aren't low carb but if I'm cutting out a lot of other stuff, I'm keeping tomatoes in!

I will Never give up tomatoes! They are nutritious and delicious and a salad sucks without them. I just count the carbs and enjoy them! I would love to see a picture of this meal. I am not a fan of tuna (except sustainable in a can - I am such a baby) but I bet the vinaigrette would be good on chicken too.

Quote Originally Posted by foamy View Post
    Well I would bet big money you like the chicken crust pizza.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurie View Post
    And it’s super easy!!

I lazed out and just used one of my Califlour crusts. I topped with prosciutto, a few caramelized onions & some ricotta (along with the usual red sauce & mozzarella & oregano). It was delicious, but Frank carved it up before I could get a picture - Oopsie!

i will make that chicken crust one of these days

Quote Originally Posted by Nhcris View Post
    I will Never give up tomatoes! They are nutritious and delicious and a salad sucks without them. I just count the carbs and enjoy them! I would love to see a picture of this meal. I am not a fan of tuna (except sustainable in a can - I am such a baby) but I bet the vinaigrette would be good on chicken too.
    I think it would be. I usually use Roma tomatoes and chop up a few. 2 parts olive oil, one part balsamic vinegar and one part Dijon. Mix it up with salt n pepper and that's it. I let it sit for a bit before using. It's so good on tuna and probably would be on other things. It's especially good when the tuna is served on top of couscous and the couscous soaks up the dressing and tomatoes.

I think it would be. I usually use Roma tomatoes and chop up a few. 2 parts olive oil, one part balsamic vinegar and one part Dijon. Mix it up with salt n pepper and that's it. I let it sit for a bit before using. It's so good on tuna and probably would be on other things. It's especially good when the tuna is served on top of couscous and the couscous soaks up the dressing and tomatoes.

That sounds fabulous and within my culinary range I think I may try the vinaigrette on some chicken paillard over arugula.... Ya think?

Quote Originally Posted by Nhcris View Post
    That sounds fabulous and within my culinary range I think I may try the vinaigrette on some chicken paillard over arugula.... Ya think?
    Absolutely!

Did a little bit of cooking but not all as planned.

Didn't make the bread because I have a fridge full of stuff to use first.

Instead of honey mustard dressing I made a peanut dressing. It's so good on chopped veggies.

I made the pork egg roll casserole which was delicious! We will make that one again for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by Mary9915 View Post
    Did a little bit of cooking but not all as planned.

Didn't make the bread because I have a fridge full of stuff to use first.

Instead of honey mustard dressing I made a peanut dressing. It's so good on chopped veggies.

I made the pork egg roll casserole which was delicious! We will make that one again for sure!

Looks great and I love peanut sauce on chicken too.

I know beets and tomatoes have carbs but thought I’d share the first course we had tonight.
    Avert your eyes from the other pics of you don’t want to see carbs!
    We tend to eat clean (unprocessed food made from scratch) not necessarily carb free, and sometimes after a crappy work day you want potatoes with your steak and Brussels!

Slot wins @
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CTslotters great job, you two! That looks like a fantastic dinner.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk