User Tag List

Page 87 of 164 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997137 ... LastLast

Thread: Low carb eating doesn't suck!

Quote Originally Posted by chrissyDee View Post
    Back from a shaky week in Vegas (I wasn't terrible, but I sure wasn't as good as I planned), it was time to get back on track. But, Mitch was here when I got home, and his girlfriend came in the next night. My house has been full of young people coming and going! The good news is, they eat healthy even if they don't drink healthy haha!

Last night my son had a few friends over for dinner and they did all the cooking.

There was borscht, a beautiful salad dressed with avocado & lime, roasted brussel sprouts, sautéed kale, yellow beans & asparagus, a tray of roasted vegetables with different flavor profiles (or so I was told ) and free range sustainable pork shoulder and some spicy sausage. The pork & sausage came from his girlfriend's ranch.

His lovely girlfriend brought a Yeti cooler filled with amazing pork for us! My freezer is bursting with sustainable goodness!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What a thoughtful gesture on her part! It must feel good to have your son and his friends in the house

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by chrissyDee View Post
    Back from a shaky week in Vegas (I wasn't terrible, but I sure wasn't as good as I planned), it was time to get back on track. But, Mitch was here when I got home, and his girlfriend came in the next night. My house has been full of young people coming and going! The good news is, they eat healthy even if they don't drink healthy haha!

Last night my son had a few friends over for dinner and they did all the cooking.

There was borscht, a beautiful salad dressed with avocado & lime, roasted brussel sprouts, sautéed kale, yellow beans & asparagus, a tray of roasted vegetables with different flavor profiles (or so I was told ) and free range sustainable pork shoulder and some spicy sausage. The pork & sausage came from his girlfriend's ranch.

His lovely girlfriend brought a Yeti cooler filled with amazing pork for us! My freezer is bursting with sustainable goodness!

OMG! Wow! Everything looks amazing!

Low carb eating doesn't suck!

I have just a couple pics from today. I made Laurie’s zucchini muffins which are so yummy I’m going to make a double batch tomorrow. Thanks so much for posting it @Laurie! I’m going to make tomorrow’s batch with pepper jack cheese I think.

I’ve been making refrigerator pickles every weekend. I think I’ve finally found a recipe that is a keeper.

Tomorrow I’ve got a tomahawk ribeye for dinner. Not sure what I’m going to make for sides with it, maybe some mashed cauliflower.
    Last edited by Mary9915; 07-28-2018 at 10:14 PM.

@chrissyDee great friends of Mitch. Dinner looks very good amazing that they did it all. Did Mitch eat some pork?

Quote Originally Posted by Mary9915 View Post
    I have just a couple pics from today. I made Laurie’s zucchini muffins which are so yummy I’m going to make a double batch tomorrow. Thanks so much for posting it @Laurie! I’m going to make tomorrow’s batch with pepper jack cheese I think.

I’ve been making refrigerator pickles every weekend. I think I’ve finally found a recipe that is a keeper.

Tomorrow I’ve got a tomahawk ribeye for dinner. Not sure what I’m going to make for sides with it, maybe some mashed cauliflower.
    Mary, is it a keto pickle recipe without sugar? Please share, we made a batch, or 4 quarts, of Pickles on Thursday night from a recipe we like (from Ted Allen’s cookbook) but are always up for trying something new.

Slot wins @
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckylinda123 View Post
    @chrissyDee great friends of Mitch. Dinner looks very good amazing that they did it all. Did Mitch eat some pork?
    He sure did, Linda! He eats meat now, as long as it is sustainably raised. He met Lily while he was writing an article about the family’s ranch.

Breakfast for the week. Egg, red pepper, green onion, bacon, ham, and sharp cheddar.

Also find that these Atkins treats are perfect for moments when I need something sweet. They're soo good!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CTslotters View Post
    Mary, is it a keto pickle recipe without sugar? Please share, we made a batch, or 4 quarts, of Pickles on Thursday night from a recipe we like (from Ted Allen’s cookbook) but are always up for trying something new.

Here you go... it’s a recipe from online that I made my own...

Quote Originally Posted by Mary9915 View Post
    Here you go... it’s a recipe from online that I made my own...

Thanks! And I’m not kidding, other than the grape leaf and swerve sweetener (we use sugar) that is exactly our recipe!
    If we want hot and spicy pickles, we take a Serrano or two and slice it in half to add to the side of the jar before loading in the cukes!
    We grew dill in our garden this year just to make these, lol!

Slot wins @
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by CTslotters View Post
    Thanks! And I’m not kidding, other than the grape leaf and swerve sweetener (we use sugar) that is exactly our recipe!
    If we want hot and spicy pickles, we take a Serrano or two and slice it in half to add to the side of the jar before loading in the cukes!
    We grew dill in our garden this year just to make these, lol!

I love that! The tannins from the grape leaves help keep the pickles firm. I love the idea of adding a Serrano to the mix...I wanted to try that once I had the recipe nailed down.