User Tag List

Page 91 of 164 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141 ... LastLast

Thread: Low carb eating doesn't suck!

Blog Entries
    @Laurie Congrats on the weight loss. We could see that from the latest pics that have been posted.

@Laurie I’m gonna need some major tips after this baby! Congrats on the amazing loss!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I made this pizza casserole last night. No flour in the crust. Everyone liked it even though it was cold by the time we ate HHH will make it again! Sorry forgot a picture

https://lowcarbyum.com/pizza-casserole-gluten-free/

Quote Originally Posted by Laurie View Post
    I made this pizza casserole last night. No flour in the crust. Everyone liked it even though it was cold by the time we ate HHH will make it again! Sorry forgot a picture

https://lowcarbyum.com/pizza-casserole-gluten-free/
    I can't wait to try this. Just need to go get heavy cream. Did you use a low carb pizza sauce?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tee2green View Post
    I can't wait to try this. Just need to go get heavy cream. Did you use a low carb pizza sauce?

Not really just looked at the labels and used the one that was lowest. Didn't put the whole jar on used like half. I always have HWC on hand. Think you could substitute spaghetti sauce.

I have been wicked lazy and boring lately, just eating the same old, same old stuff. I had these little turkey rollups for lunch - slice of deli turkey with a little mayo, topped with a butter lettuce leaf, slice of cheese (mine was cheddar but I bet it would be better with Swiss) and some chopped Kumato cherry tomato and a chopped baby onion. Roll it up, add s&p if desired.

I actually saw a recipe that skipped the cheese and added chopped bacon to make it more like a club sandwich, but I don't have any bacon thanks to Gout Man.

I saw another one that used Italian cold cuts and provolone, and condiments like pickles, banana peppers, etc and then a spritz of Italian dressing, like an Italian sub.

Anyway, lunch was simple and tasty and for some reason I feel more motivated to get back to experimenting! I found some awesome recipes for grilled avocados done differently, and a couple of crab cake recipes that are on the agenda. I'll report back!

Pat
    I know nothing (obviously) about the Keto diet. Can you eat fried green tomatoes?

Quote Originally Posted by Nhcris View Post
    I have been wicked lazy and boring lately, just eating the same old, same old stuff. I had these little turkey rollups for lunch - slice of deli turkey with a little mayo, topped with a butter lettuce leaf, slice of cheese (mine was cheddar but I bet it would be better with Swiss) and some chopped Kumato cherry tomato and a chopped baby onion. Roll it up, add s&p if desired.

I actually saw a recipe that skipped the cheese and added chopped bacon to make it more like a club sandwich, but I don't have any bacon thanks to Gout Man.

I saw another one that used Italian cold cuts and provolone, and condiments like pickles, banana peppers, etc and then a spritz of Italian dressing, like an Italian sub.

Anyway, lunch was simple and tasty and for some reason I feel more motivated to get back to experimenting! I found some awesome recipes for grilled avocados done differently, and a couple of crab cake recipes that are on the agenda. I'll report back!
    Looks good and I think I would enjoy the Italian version maybe better!

Quote Originally Posted by Pat View Post
    I know nothing (obviously) about the Keto diet. Can you eat fried green tomatoes?
    Fried foods are tough, because wheat flour is a no-no. There are somethings you can substitute, but they really aren't as good. Here's one recipe I found using peanut flour. I have my doubts that they woud be anywhere near as good as the originals. https://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/green-tomato-recipes/

Low Carb Fried Green Tomatoes

Ingredients

• 3 medium green tomatoes
    • 1/2 tsp salt
    • 1 large egg
    • 1 tbsp heavy cream
    • 1/2 cup peanut flour roasted and defatted
    • 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning
    • 1/4 cup olive oil

• Slice the tomatoes into 1/2 inch slices and sprinkle with salt. Let sit 5 to 10 minutes.
    • In a small bowl, whisk together egg and heavy cream
    • In another small bowl, whisk together peanut flour and Cajun seasoning.
    • Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat until shimmering. Dip each tomato slice into the egg wash, then dip into the peanut flour mixture, turning to coat evenly.
    • Fry tomato slices until browned and crisp, about 3 to 4 minutes per side. Remove and drain on a paper-towel lined plate. You will probably have to work in batches, depending on the size of your skillet.

Dinner tonight was Crispy Oven Baked Chicken Thighs and Oven Roasted Cauliflower Parmesan.

It was yummy and easy peasy. Here's the cauliflower recipe. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/23...d-cauliflower/

And here is the chicken recipe. I am embarrassed to admit that this is the first time I ever brined anything, but I will definitely do it again! https://www.wholesomeyum.com/crispy-...thighs-recipe/

We went to the Farmer's Market today and had a good haul. Looking forward to some good healthy eating this week!