User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CET platinum for $100?

Blog Entries
    No problem. We plan to play anyway. How much play?

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
    No problem. We plan to play anyway. How much play?
    I suppose that's the question, how much play is acceptable. I guess what I wondered is, we would book stays that we hadn't planned or wanted to pay for in order to get the TCs, so there could be stays where we wouldn't play much at all.

Blog Entries
    Well, question not answered. I cannot find statement in fine print regarding play.

Trying to figure this new promotion out???? Since it wasn't sent to everyone are they only sending it to lower level members to get them to go for it? I got the offer but my DH didn't. You have to be opted in to get the rewards. In looking on our room choices I never saw so many free rooms. Usually we jump on that but now we are trying to find rooms that are over $20 but not a lot higher. Nice way to make Platinum but if everyone else makes Platinum the lowly Gold level lines will be the shortest. Must book before January 31 really puts the pressure on for Feb and March. Anyone have any detailed info on this??

Quote Originally Posted by Joangca View Post
    Trying to figure this new promotion out???? Since it wasn't sent to everyone are they only sending it to lower level members to get them to go for it? I got the offer but my DH didn't. You have to be opted in to get the rewards. In looking on our room choices I never saw so many free rooms. Usually we jump on that but now we are trying to find rooms that are over $20 but not a lot higher. Nice way to make Platinum but if everyone else makes Platinum the lowly Gold level lines will be the shortest. Must book before January 31 really puts the pressure on for Feb and March. Anyone have any detailed info on this??
    The same thing has been happening to me lately with the comp room offers. I had been tossing around the idea of going with the credit card in order to get to platinum and then scraping my way up to diamond, that being my final goal. Then I thought, rather than extend my credit, why not just find the low rates and buy 5 room nights, even if I have to buy a weekend nite at a higher rate. It would still be better (for us) that extending credit right now. I do think not everyone is getting the offer and having to book before the end of the month does put the pressure on, plus it would mean, for us, multiple trips before the end of March and I'm not sure we can swing that (usually have to do last-minute things). Since our trips would invariably have to be to Caesars, Bally's and/or Harrah's, and the only one I can really tolerate is Harrah's, we decided to hold off on this for the current year. IF these programs and offers happen again for 2019, we might do it as we should be in a better position to start travelling and at that point, CET property options will come in handy, making the whole commitment to the programs more feasible. Ugh .... sometimes I think that's way too much thought going into a fun activity.

Blog Entries
    Well, we have completed our plans. Since we are notoriously low rollers with a real shitty ADT the only free rooms we had are in AC and Tunica. We actually gave up our free rooms in AC and booked same room for $40 per night. Ever get 1000TC for only $40?? So we are going to get 15,000 TC for the room offer (NYNE18) by end of March. Almost all of this was going to happen anyway because we wanted free TC from the Quest. Cost us about $250 more than we were going to pay anyway.

So this is why I asked about more games to play. We are going to take the BR that we would have used for most of the needed play for Diamond level and venture out of our comfort zone and try bunches of new stuff. Time to step it up so to speak. Play starts Tuesday in AC, Philly and Baltimore.

One thing we learned is to double check and make sure your reservation says NYNE18 on the reservation. Really best to go through that email that was sent and then log on to your account. Heck, AC gives and $290 food and drink coupon also.

Good luck to all. Just waiting to get to KC for some Joker fun.

Well, we have completed our plans. Since we are notoriously low rollers with a real shitty ADT the only free rooms we had are in AC and Tunica. We actually gave up our free rooms in AC and booked same room for $40 per night. Ever get 1000TC for only $40?? So we are going to get 15,000 TC for the room offer (NYNE18) by end of March. Almost all of this was going to happen anyway because we wanted free TC from the Quest. Cost us about $250 more than we were going to pay anyway.

So this is why I asked about more games to play. We are going to take the BR that we would have used for most of the needed play for Diamond level and venture out of our comfort zone and try bunches of new stuff. Time to step it up so to speak. Play starts Tuesday in AC, Philly and Baltimore.

One thing we learned is to double check and make sure your reservation says NYNE18 on the reservation. Really best to go through that email that was sent and then log on to your account. Heck, AC gives and $290 food and drink coupon also.

Nice job, Penguins! I think this would have been a great deal for us had we been in a position to travel this year. Hoping that will happen next year and also hoping these kinds of offers are still in existence. I think you were spot on to give up a comp and pay $40 in exchange for 1000 TCs. That's exactly what I would have done.

Impressive....good luck and have a great time....

Blog Entries
    I wish I had gotten the e-mail. I've checked my offers on line and can't find it (because who knows if I deleted an email without reading it!). Oh well, great plan and see you in KC.
    Dawn

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyd View Post
    I wish I had gotten the e-mail. I've checked my offers on line and can't find it (because who knows if I deleted an email without reading it!). Oh well, great plan and see you in KC.
    Okay, so try just booking a room through Caesars.com and make sure the code NYNE18 gets entered. After you see copy of the reservation make sure it says NYNE18 promo in the upper right hand portion. If not just cancel the reservation if you really don't need it. We even called one or two of the hotels to make sure the reservation was under the promo. Some of ours were screwed up and I think because we started with the TR web site. CET does a good job of making this stuff difficult at times. Have to admit we spent a few hours on this. I could forward my copy of the email to you if you want. We used Cathy's email as the starter.