User Tag List

Thread: Do you convert????

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Well, I figured my "slot restriction" had lasted long enough and I took a trip to Ontario - I should have just stayed on restriction. I took $300 with me and the biggest "win" I had was $13. Needless to say, that money didn't last long. DH and I decided the house needs painting (I hated the original color; somewhere between manila vanilla and pink with verigated brick underneath); we chose slate grey with a barn red trim. After pricing out painting companies, we chose one that works with my son's company (roofing), and has a good reputation. One day later, I have a beautiful new exterior. Now on to the landscaping. We had cedar red mulch (to offset the manila vanilla) in the gardens and up the driveway, so I ripped all that out, took out the old, dying, woody, and overgrown plants/shrubs in said gardens and have it stripped down to the dirt; it filled a tow trailer for a dump run. Now to put down new weed barrier and get the black lava rock delivered; this will cost almost as much as the paint job!! No more slot fun for me till this is paid for and I pump up our savings a bit; Christmas is coming and I got grandbabies to buy for !!! Every time I come home I say "it's worth it"!! I can be happy with this "conversion".
    Last edited by slotjunkie; 10-16-2018 at 09:11 AM.