User Tag List

Thread: All things Southwest Airlines

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ineedajackpot View Post
    Hi @treyster, can you please explain how that is done? Do you have to cancel first or do you just change and pick the same flight? I have never been able to figure this out. What if you booked with points?

Quote Originally Posted by Nhcris View Post
    You just change and rebook. It works exactly the same with points as with $$. Don't cancel, especially if have booked early bird as you will lose that.

The difference in points will just go back into your account. If you paid with $$, then you need to keep track of the confirmation number to use the difference on another flight within a year of the initial booking.
    Yup, just change flight and pick the exact same flight. You can see the price/point difference before you are committed to the change.

Chris is right, you have to keep tracK of the confirmation number that the reservation is on to use your $$ credit in the future.

The only catch is early birds are issued in chronological order, so when you rebook you move to the end of the early bird line. So instead of getting A22 you might get A37
    Last edited by treyster; 07-05-2016 at 09:57 PM.
    #######
    Fair dinkum legend

Quote Originally Posted by treyster View Post
    Yup, just change flight and pick the exact same flight. You can see the price/point difference before you are committed to the change.

Chris is right, you have to keep tracK of the confirmation number that the reservation is on to use your $$ credit in the future.

The only catch is early birds are issued in chronological order, so when you rebook you move to the end of the early bird line. So instead of getting A22 you might get A37
    Thank you for explaining that to me. I didn't know that you could change and pick the same flight.