User Tag List

Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: All things Southwest Airlines

As SWA has raised its fares out SEA and PDX all the other airlines are in lockstep.. Just booked 3 tickets out of SEA at gouging prices. Now looking for another ticket out of PDX and the prices are even higher. Cheaper to go to HNL right now than PHX or LAS!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    If you are a SWA Rapid Rewards member, you can get a one time 1100 pt bonus by using Lyft at McCarran thru 2016.
    #######
    Fair dinkum legend

Blog Entries
    Southwest continues with it's inexplicable pricing schemes. Check this out:

Aug 5 Columbus to Vegas $249 on the 5 pm non-stop
    Aug 5 Columbus to Denver, change planes in Vegas $98. On the same 5 pm flight as above.

W...T...F?
    #######
    Fair dinkum legend

Gotta love that shit dumb airlines

Trey, these always have me scratching my head. But even as thrifty as I try to be, I would pay the extra $150 just for the convenience of nonstop and saving on travel time and the possibility of missed connection.

I have been looking at American to go to Chicago in August.
    Philadelphia-Chicago is now almost $400 (although $143 like two weeks ago, yeah wtf but whatever haha)
    If I chose to fly from my local airport, Williamsport..
    Williamsport-Philadelphia-Chicago is $296.

You are going to let me occupy a seat on the puddle jumper and take the same flight for $100 less. Some day I will understand too!
    Karma Is Like 69 : You Get What You Give
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by treyster View Post
    Southwest continues with it's inexplicable pricing schemes. Check this out:

Aug 5 Columbus to Vegas $249 on the 5 pm non-stop
    Aug 5 Columbus to Denver, change planes in Vegas $98. On the same 5 pm flight as above.

W...T...F?
    Quote Originally Posted by CPT View Post
    I have been looking at American to go to Chicago in August.
    Philadelphia-Chicago is now almost $400 (although $143 like two weeks ago, yeah wtf but whatever haha)
    If I chose to fly from my local airport, Williamsport..
    Williamsport-Philadelphia-Chicago is $296.

You are going to let me occupy a seat on the puddle jumper and take the same flight for $100 less. Some day I will understand too!
    In Trey's case I would be tempted to book the flight to Denver as a one way, but I bet with Linda you could never do with just carry ons! You can't do it if you check luggage.

Ken, either option is outrageous for a one way to Chicago. Road trip!

I am struggling with airfare for upcoming trips. It has become so expensive that it is a deterrent. Looks like this old lady is going to have to spend more time on the east coast

Well that price was round trip, but still I could fly to Vegas for the same price! Even Spirit which was $115 RT is now $200+.

On topic, Southwest can be had for $179 RT, but I have to go to Providence or Manchester first to get that price. The tour of New England!
    Karma Is Like 69 : You Get What You Give
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Blog Entries
    Pricing must be more volatile in other areas of the country. just checked it from here to LV a minute ago it was 350 rt three yrs ago and its 350 now. all i can say is if ya can catch a deal Go For It .

For our trip to Vegas in September we can get nonstop on American for $383 RT. But that would be business class. Boo! That is the cheapest nonstop to Vegas for us in forever. I may just have skip 1st class for that price.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk