User Tag List

Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: All things Southwest Airlines

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by janecav View Post
    Just booked a trip to Vegas in Sept. from Indy nonstop for $114 each way......that is the cheapest we have been able to get it in several years. Love flying Southwest especially since they do not charge for baggage.
    That's great. I'm in Columbus and its $129 to Vegas in the fall. SWA does a good job of locking up oil and fuel contracts.
    #######
    Fair dinkum legend

Quote Originally Posted by treyster View Post
    I rebooked both ends of our flights for our fall Vegas trip and got back 11,000 points.
    Hi @treyster, can you please explain how that is done? Do you have to cancel first or do you just change and pick the same flight? I have never been able to figure this out. What if you booked with points?

Quote Originally Posted by ineedajackpot View Post
    Hi @treyster, can you please explain how that is done? Do you have to cancel first or do you just change and pick the same flight? I have never been able to figure this out. What if you booked with points?
    You just change and rebook. It works exactly the same with points as with $$. Don't cancel, especially if have booked early bird as you will lose that.

The difference in points will just go back into your account. If you paid with $$, then you need to keep track of the confirmation number to use the difference on another flight within a year of the initial booking.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ineedajackpot View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Nhcris View Post
    You just change and rebook. It works exactly the same with points as with $$. Don't cancel, especially if have booked early bird as you will lose that.

The difference in points will just go back into your account. If you paid with $$, then you need to keep track of the confirmation number to use the difference on another flight within a year of the initial booking.
    Yup, just change flight and pick the exact same flight. You can see the price/point difference before you are committed to the change.

Chris is right, you have to keep tracK of the confirmation number that the reservation is on to use your $$ credit in the future.

The only catch is early birds are issued in chronological order, so when you rebook you move to the end of the early bird line. So instead of getting A22 you might get A37
    Last edited by treyster; 07-05-2016 at 09:57 PM.
    #######
    Fair dinkum legend

That's great. I'm in Columbus and its $129 to Vegas in the fall. SWA does a good job of locking up oil and fuel contracts.
    Late September is fall... Maybe you and Linda should find your way to G2E.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalRob View Post
    Late September is fall... Maybe you and Linda should find your way to G2E.
    We're booked mid Oct for Sedona and Vegas. Maybe some day.....
    #######
    Fair dinkum legend

Blog Entries
    I guess I'm slightly wrong on this. Just read SWA lost $250M last year on fuel hedges. However Delta lost $450M and United lost $600M. So SWA is better by comparison lol
    #######
    Fair dinkum legend

Yup, just change flight and pick the exact same flight. You can see the price/point difference before you are committed to the change.

Chris is right, you have to keep tracK of the confirmation number that the reservation is on to use your $$ credit in the future.

The only catch is early birds are issued in chronological order, so when you rebook you move to the end of the early bird line. So instead of getting A22 you might get A37
    Thank you for explaining that to me. I didn't know that you could change and pick the same flight.

Yikes, SWA "system outage" nationwide - tried to log in earlier to book travel for a work group and kept saying username/password wrong - wtf, no way just used it yesterday lol- but kept trying different accounts, then finally a dreaded blue screen appeared about a half hour later something about being redirected but nothing happened, and just now was able to confirm on Twitter ...

See how lucky the Jokers are - they traveled on Tuesday!! (at least sure hope none of them are out their lingering/languishing in an airport...)

So I got the Southwest Chase card today, for the 40k bonus points with $1k purchases in 1st three months (easy!). = Free Thanksgiving trip to Reno/Vegas minus that $99 annual fee!

A friend on YouTube sent me a referral link and she will get 10k bonus, so that's cool. Immediately they gave me a $14,500 credit line, thank goodness I was afraid I wouldn't have enough! HHH I may put my Amex on the bank burner and start getting some points with this one as I fly Southwest a lot.
    Karma Is Like 69 : You Get What You Give
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.