User Tag List

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Staying Busy in Retirement by Darlene

Quote Originally Posted by Curlyd View Post
    I'm a pretty darn good seamstress. I knit, crochet, build things, repair things. Always thought I should have been a carpenter but your zipper work on all those purses getting everything lined up perfectly puts my handy work to shame. Or maybe I could improve if I updated my equipment. My machine is 48 years old and doesn't have a free arm so moving all that small fabric around is a challenge. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by LowAndSlow View Post
    @Curlyd ... the zipper work, that's exactly what I was thinking. I can sew, but zippers are difficult for me. @Darlene's are so perfect.
    Thank you both, the words of encouragement are so welcome. I personally see lots of areas that need improvement, but no one else sees them unless I point them out. I'm learning to not be as critical of my projects. My family love it when I'm critical as I give away the imperfect ones (which is almost all of them, LOL). If you are fighting with zippers try clips instead of pins or even doublesided tape (they now make it in 1/8 inch width that works perfect for sewing.) Dawn, those older machines are beasts and great for straight sewing. I have 2 Singers from the 1920s that I am going to be setting up and using as soon as I can figure out how to make more room in my house. I have a Craft Shack in the backyard that I use for my epoxy work, but can't setup for sewing in there as you need to wear a respirator when the epoxy is curing. I've already taken over the dining room with my computer design work and half the bedroom with my sewing, so I'm thinking I need a bigger house.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Darlene For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Darlene View Post
    Thank you both, the words of encouragement are so welcome. I personally see lots of areas that need improvement, but no one else sees them unless I point them out. I'm learning to not be as critical of my projects. My family love it when I'm critical as I give away the imperfect ones (which is almost all of them, LOL). If you are fighting with zippers try clips instead of pins or even doublesided tape (they now make it in 1/8 inch width that works perfect for sewing.) Dawn, those older machines are beasts and great for straight sewing. I have 2 Singers from the 1920s that I am going to be setting up and using as soon as I can figure out how to make more room in my house. I have a Craft Shack in the backyard that I use for my epoxy work, but can't setup for sewing in there as you need to wear a respirator when the epoxy is curing. I've already taken over the dining room with my computer design work and half the bedroom with my sewing, so I'm thinking I need a bigger house.
    So funny about being critical of yourself. Bill always said that I couldn't keep my mouth shut about mistakes I made. I was always the first to point out the imperfections!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Dawn

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Curlyd For This Useful Post:

Haven't updated in awhile. These are from this morning. The sunset is from a picture that @Laurie gave me person to use, thanks Laurie. Lauries lake sunset sub.jpgdragon lord.jpgDucking and Cock cups.jpg.

6. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Darlene For This Useful Post:

They look great Darlene. I love that sunset one.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to LowAndSlow For This Useful Post:

Absolutely love this cup @Darlene made for me. She does great work highly recommend!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Laurie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Laurie View Post
    Absolutely love this cup @Darlene made for me. She does great work highly recommend!!

Awww, thank you so much.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Darlene For This Useful Post:

Awww, thank you so much.
    Its really beautiful!

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tee2green For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Haven't updated in awhile. These are from this morning. The sunset is from a picture that @Laurie gave me person to use, thanks Laurie. Lauries lake sunset sub.jpgdragon lord.jpgDucking and Cock cups.jpg.
    Nice Darlene .. i really like the 1 with the roster .Ha

I made this one for my granddaughter's birthday, hard to believe she turned 20 this year. Next year, I'll have a new gambling partner. https://business.facebook.com/Southe...3089310294428/

17. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Darlene For This Useful Post:

Thanks Darlene! We love it!

19. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to mcdevo09 For This Useful Post: