I know I just registered over here a few days ago & wanted you all to know that if I'm not posting much for a while, it's not because I'm not interested in staying close with my old friends and making new friendships with all the people here I'd like to develop new friendships with......it's just been a tough 1/2 a week for me.

A dear friend of mine just lost her daughter on Wed. This friend and I are very close and her daughter was only 30 yrs old. She was about to be married in just 70 days, her bridal shower was to be just a few weeks from now. She has a 10 yr old daughter. As deeply as it hurts to have lost her, the circumstances of her death are the most heartbreaking. She and her fiance were arguing and she threatened to take her life. She had a gun and it went off. She died instantly and even trying to tell ourselves that it was a terrible accident instead of an intentional act on her part has not eased the pain we are feeling. Her fiance is beside himself with guilt and grief and it happened at the business that he owns.

I'm so sorry if this is inappropriate and ask Ken to take it down if it is, somehow typing the words has helped me. My heart aches so much for my friend and her family right now. As cliche as it sounds, please tell the people in your life how much you care about them every day. Watch for the warning signs of depression and do what you can to get them the help they need. This has changed me forever & I've made a promise to myself that her memory will only make me a better person. Thanks for letting me vent.

Ida