User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Sorry to Be So Serious....

Well guys, just have to say again how special you all are. I've touched base with my friend a few times since the funeral last Monday (that was a really emotional day) and she thankfully seems to be relying on her faith for strength. Hoping to meet up with her for lunch Sunday to see in person how she's dealing with things. On top of all that, work has been a bitch this past week & almost our entire office, including me, has come down with a serious respiratory bug. But........I'm in need of some good company & a few laughs & I am ready to catch up on everything you all have been up to. You really are a bunch of good peeps

Hi, Ida!!! It is so good to hear from you. You have been on my mind so much recently. It is good to hear you friend is doing okay, but I know that you were a rock for her when she needed it. Hate to hear that you are sick. Sending you the biggest hug I can! :hug:

For a good laugh that will heal anything, be sure to follow our friends in KC. It is a hoot and a half!

Take care, sweetie!

I've been thinking about you and this terrible situation, so glad you get to see your friend this weekend and sorry you're all sick. There sure has been some nasty cold bugs going around this year. Hope you're feeling much better very soon.

Ang

This is heartbreaking on so many levels. My heartfelt prayers to you and all that are affected by this tragedy. There is absolutely no need to apologize for putting your pain out there; if I have learned anything from my "slot friends", it is that we will always be there for someone in their time of need, whether it be a pat on the back, a comforting word, or a quiet moment of reflection for what we are all blessed with. The people on this forum are the kindest you will ever find; I am new here on this forum, but I recognize the transfers from SF and I can say with all confidence that if anyone needs any kind of emotional support - you will find it here.

Ida I am so sorry for your loss. There are no words to describe such a tragedy and the aftermath. My heart goes out to you and your friend. I will have them in my prayers.
    Xoxoxo Lilian

I hope work has been better and your cold/flu bug is much improved. Did you meet your friend for lunch and how's everyone doing?

Ang

Hi Ang. I am feeling much better, thank you. My friend backed out of the lunch, but because last Sunday would have been the day of her daughter's shower, I can understand that she wanted to spend it with her family. She hasn't been answering my texts but I still send one every so often just to let her know I'm there if she needs me. I'm confident we'll connect when she's ready.

Quote Originally Posted by tee2green View Post
    Hi Ang. I am feeling much better, thank you. My friend backed out of the lunch, but because last Sunday would have been the day of her daughter's shower, I can understand that she wanted to spend it with her family. She hasn't been answering my texts but I still send one every so often just to let her know I'm there if she needs me. I'm confident we'll connect when she's ready.
    Glad to hear you're feeling better. I can't even imagine dealing with so etching like that so I'm sure your poor friend just needs time to begin to heal and cope. I hope the family is getting some kind of professional help as well, it certainly could only help. You take care.

Ang