User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Mr CT knows me so well

Quote Originally Posted by Hoofy7 View Post
    Yeah you can always tell when seafood is bad and I would have told them how sick I got from it so you could have free life time grilled cheese and tomato soup on spoons! Hahaha
    Beauty and Essex response was underwhelming. No manager came by or even a sorry. Or a lame sorry, I can't remember. @CTslotters did they take it off the bill?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

We have a cabin on the Mississippi river and we set out 10 100 hook trot lines and some little clams got on them and I told the guy's if I had a knife I would eat one raw I had knifes coming at me from all directions so I opened one and ate it I tried to talk like Andrew Zimmernan and said it tastes like the sea and a whole bunch of stuff they are like really and I said no it tastes like shit. hhh

Quote Originally Posted by TwoArmedBandito View Post
    Beauty and Essex response was underwhelming. No manager came by or even a sorry. Or a lame sorry, I can't remember. @CTslotters did they take it off the bill?

That's horrible! They could have totally given you food poisoning!!!! I learned the hard way. I was at a pan roast place down here in OC and had oysters. Thought they were a little rubbery ... what'd ya know. Ban! Food poisoning! Ever since then, I do not mess around with raw shellfish. Even if I have the smallest doubt about the freshness, I send it back. I learned that using the words " emergency room" and "liability" get a swift apology.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by foamy View Post
    We have a cabin on the Mississippi river and we set out 10 100 hook trot lines and some little clams got on them and I told the guy's if I had a knife I would eat one raw I had knifes coming at me from all directions so I opened one and ate it I tried to talk like Andrew Zimmernan and said it tastes like the sea and a whole bunch of stuff they are like really and I said no it tastes like shit. hhh
    A shot of shine would help it go down.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoArmedBandito View Post

From what I remember our generous friend that treated us saying, they did remove it from the bill. They should have been embarrassed beyond belief for letting those out of the kitchen. Based on lack of response or concern, it's not a place we will ever return to.
    Slot wins @
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by nancypants View Post
    That's horrible! They could have totally given you food poisoning!!!! I learned the hard way. I was at a pan roast place down here in OC and had oysters. Thought they were a little rubbery ... what'd ya know. Ban! Food poisoning! Ever since then, I do not mess around with raw shellfish. Even if I have the smallest doubt about the freshness, I send it back. I learned that using the words " emergency room" and "liability" get a swift apology.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah, the fact that it was more than one that smelled terrible is troubling to how they operate a kitchen. None of those were eaten, my first 4 were fine and then I saw Adam's face turn as he brought one to his face, we then smelled the rest and yikes! The other food (cooked pasta and burger) that we had were fine, and everyone else's food seemed good, but I can't believe at a place like that the manager wouldn't come check on us. Heck, we were at a longhorn steakhouse with Adam's mom and the manager came over to make sure everything was to our liking, lol!
    LOL, @foamy! great story!
    Slot wins @
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by CTslotters View Post
    Yeah, the fact that it was more than one that smelled terrible is troubling to how they operate a kitchen. None of those were eaten, my first 4 were fine and then I saw Adam's face turn as he brought one to his face, we then smelled the rest and yikes! The other food (cooked pasta and burger) that we had were fine, and everyone else's food seemed good, but I can't believe at a place like that the manager wouldn't come check on us. Heck, we were at a longhorn steakhouse with Adam's mom and the manager came over to make sure everything was to our liking, lol!
    LOL, @foamy! great story!
    You can't beat the Parmesan Crusted Chicken at the Longhorn.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by zeus View Post
    You can't beat the Parmesan Crusted Chicken at the Longhorn.

Ha! we all had steak at the steakhouse, but good to know for future visits! Adam's mom loves the place.
    Slot wins @

You ever notice at the cheap Chinese buffets that the oysters and mussels are all covered with melted cheese? There's a reason for that! Lol You can still smell they aren't good under the cover up!

Quote Originally Posted by CTslotters View Post
    Ha! we all had steak at the steakhouse, but good to know for future visits! Adam's mom loves the place.
    Hey, no judging here. I have to have it at least twice a year. And remember, I am close to Adam's mothers age!