PDA

View Full Version : Tornado sirens going off

Darrell from WI
07-13-2015, 09:28 AM
Nothing like getting woke up by tornado sirens. A severe storm cell capable of producing a tornado is going thru my county about 8 miles south of Beaver Dam where I live. It brings back memories of our tornado back in 1980.
It is raining real hard with thunder and lightning & beeping alarm on my phone as I'm typing this. Hope everything turns out okay as it is rapidly moving to the southeast. Fingers crossed !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dwwright12
07-13-2015, 09:35 AM
Stay safe. We will have it down this way for the next two days.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Darrell from WI
07-13-2015, 09:47 AM
Update the storm cell has weakened as it passes to my southeast allowing the tornado warning to expire. We have had about 2.75 inches of rain now we just lost power. Holding a flashlight right now. Guess going to work this morning will be delayed.

Darrell from WI
07-13-2015, 09:58 AM
About 40 more minutes until sunrise where I get some light thru the windows. Still sounds windy as a mother effer out there.

Darrell from WI
07-13-2015, 10:03 AM
No electricity part sucks but it is still better than getting a tornado. I turned off the multi outlet strip for my tv and cable box so that when the power does come back that my tv does not get screwed up by a power surge like one time in the past.

Darrell from WI
07-13-2015, 10:11 AM
Rather large tree is blocking the street about 2 houses up the street which may have caused the blackout. My neighbors across the street still have power WTF

slotbender
07-13-2015, 10:42 AM
Rather large tree is blocking the street about 2 houses up the street which may have caused the blackout. My neighbors across the street still have power WTF

Sorry to hear that you're out of power Darrell. Don't you have any emergency power available like a generator or a power converter that you can hook up to your car? What's most important is to keep your refrigeration going so that your food won't spoil. If you don't have either then I would get prepared asap for if/when something like this ever happens again : )

Jeani
07-13-2015, 10:47 AM
So glad that there was no tornado. Sorry for the electric being off. I'm sure they will have it up and running soon. Stay safe

foamy
07-13-2015, 11:21 AM
Glad you're okay Darryl and it sucks watching TV by candlelight

Darrell from WI
07-13-2015, 11:35 AM
Got dressed in the dark & headed to Mickeys to get some breaky & took it to work. I'm going to check on the homefront at lunchtime.

Darrell from WI
07-13-2015, 11:36 AM
Glad you're okay Darryl and it sucks watching TV by candlelight

NO Power = No TV Big Brother.

MNvegasgal
07-13-2015, 11:43 AM
Rolled through here around midnight.. Scared but we did not lose power. Glad all is.s well on your end.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

foamy
07-13-2015, 12:06 PM
NO Power = No TV Big Brother.
Well you got to watch the candles light flicker and reflect off the TV screen

RiverSong
07-13-2015, 01:48 PM
So glad to hear there was no tornado, hope the lights come on soon. Thanks for keeping us posted.

dvandentop
07-13-2015, 01:50 PM
No electricity part sucks but it is still better than getting a tornado. I turned off the multi outlet strip for my tv and cable box so that when the power does come back that my tv does not get screwed up by a power surge like one time in the past.

I usually unplug my computer from the wall if I know there's going to be a bad storm don't need a hard drive getting hosed up glad everything passed without issues I know that was a nasty storm cell coming your way

Darrell from WI
07-13-2015, 07:14 PM
Two o'clock central time and the power repair team is finally on the scene. Hope to have electricity soon almost 9 hours later. You would think my street would be a higher priority due to the proximity to the fire station. Just get the damn power restored soon and I will be satisfied.

dvandentop
07-13-2015, 07:15 PM
Shouldn't take em long once on the scene

Darrell from WI
07-13-2015, 07:47 PM
Shouldn't take em long once on the scene

Power is back on !!!! Fuck Yeah !!!
It only took ten hours for those mofos to get to us !!!!

Darrell from WI
07-13-2015, 07:52 PM
Now that the electrical danger is wrapped up I get the symphony of chain saws for my listening pleasure. Ha Ha !!!!!

winner01
07-13-2015, 10:26 PM
hope everything is ok

TwoArmedBandito
07-14-2015, 12:58 AM
Glad you're safe. Power through this!

clemi
07-14-2015, 01:26 AM
Cray cray weather, hope things get back to normal soon.

Jeani
07-14-2015, 12:06 PM
Glad all is okay at the homestead!!! Stay safe!