PDA

View Full Version : United customer service surprises!

DK528
08-22-2015, 12:17 AM
I had some disappointments on my first class trip back from Vegas (first world problems, I know) but I had paid for a first class seat and the seat didn't recline, there was no meal for me (they were short a meal and I was the last one asked) and my bags came out at the end of the delivery -- so, three things that are supposed to distinguish first class.

I emailed and expressed my disappointment in a pretty courteous way.

And they sent me a $100 travel certificate!

So win-win -- I'm satisfied and I get to use it on another United flight :)

RiverSong
08-22-2015, 12:28 AM
Congrats! I've been finding United 1st class lacking. I'm flying Southwest to Vegas in September for a change.

Mauretania -it's not only us

Handpayhopeful
08-22-2015, 12:35 AM
Gosh, Your a Vegas trip was an emo roller coaster. Glad United came thru for ya. Have a blast in AC!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DK528
08-22-2015, 12:50 AM
Congrats! I've been finding United 1st class lacking. I'm flying Southwest to Vegas in September for a change.

Mauretania -it's not only us

Thanks! I wasn't expecting anything too amazing but was a little disappointed when I had the same cheese plate I buy in economy. The live tv was nice :)

Gosh, Your a Vegas trip was an emo roller coaster. Glad United came thru for ya. Have a blast in AC!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hahaha, it was. And I got a little too emotional when I was told about the meal. I think because of what had gone on and my anxiety about what was waiting for me when I landed. My seatmate was confused. I had to explain that I wasn't really that upset about not getting a chicken dinner :)

zeus
08-22-2015, 12:54 AM
Dina, along with the $100 voucher did they refund the amount you paid for the upgrade? It only seems fair.

DK528
08-22-2015, 01:17 AM
Dina, along with the $100 voucher did they refund the amount you paid for the upgrade? It only seems fair.

I had paid for the first class ticket in full (was about $120 more than an economy seat), no upgrade. So they gave me some value for the missteps is how I see it -- still got free booze, free tv, bigger seat (even if it didn't recline), free bags (even if they came out late). So it was definitely still a pleasant experience.

Hawkeye
08-22-2015, 06:44 AM
Congrats on getting good cstomer service, it's harder and harder to find now.

Serious question, how many airlines offer first class??

Evoni
08-22-2015, 07:48 AM
Glad they made it up to you!

Mauretania
08-27-2015, 01:33 PM
Thanks for the UA report.

I've been so disappointed with their first class downgrades, that I'm not bothering to upgrade on domestic flights in the future.
My last flight from Las Vegas, a dinner-hour flight, a snack (packaged items) was the only meal offered. It wasn't even a cheese plate!

At least Customer Service came through for you!