PDA

View Full Version : Guest on Carl O Channel - My Honest Review of Tofurky Slow Roasted Chicken

CPT
09-21-2015, 10:11 AM
I was a special guest on Carl O's (Credz) Vegan food YouTube channel this week. My honest review of Tofurky Slow Roasted Chicken!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ld5OOFiQlT0

I was not expecting the taste!
1 Star

Jeani
09-21-2015, 12:07 PM
Hhhhhmmmm I agree with you. You would have to probably acquire a taste for it as it is tofu. Those that eat tofu on a regular basis probably would luv it.

foamy
09-21-2015, 12:32 PM
I don't know but that tofu they got no taste at all and I just should eat styrofoam

Sent from my XT1042 using Tapatalk

CPT
09-21-2015, 12:50 PM
If you dump BBQ sauce on it, maybe! It's definitely an acquired taste. I'll stick with the real deal! ;)

Laurie
09-21-2015, 12:51 PM
It looks like chicken but guess it doesn't taste like it HHH The look on your face was too funny :laugh: Have tried tofu and didn't like the texture :yuck:

nhmajik
09-21-2015, 01:01 PM
Hehehe, love your face. I'm not a big fan of fake meats but have had Tofurky for a couple of Thanksgivings. BUT I have it with delicious mushroom garlic gravy, stuffing, mashed potatoes and cranberry. I prefer to skip all the fake meats Tofu, Tempeh, Seitan....unless you saturate it with sauces or gravy it really is not good IMHO. I'd rather have things like portabellas or other mushrooms, bean and grain veggie burgers, things not pretending to be meat and that hold good flavor on their own. Good for you at least tasting it, I couldn't get anyone in my house to try the Tofurky. LOL

CPT
09-21-2015, 02:16 PM
Hehehe, love your face. I'm not a big fan of fake meats but have had Tofurky for a couple of Thanksgivings. BUT I have it with delicious mushroom garlic gravy, stuffing, mashed potatoes and cranberry. I prefer to skip all the fake meats Tofu, Tempeh, Seitan....unless you saturate it with sauces or gravy it really is not good IMHO. I'd rather have things like portabellas or other mushrooms, bean and grain veggie burgers, things not pretending to be meat and that hold good flavor on their own. Good for you at least tasting it, I couldn't get anyone in my house to try the Tofurky. LOL

I am so with you on your statement Chrissy! Some of the veggie/bean burgers he's tried look good, but I can't wrap my head around the things that are trying to imitate meat. I definitely keep an open mind, but my face was my honest opinion on the Tofurky for sure! Hehe

foamy
09-21-2015, 02:30 PM

I like veggie burgers I had one Saturday night if they are the good ones I like them better than regular burgers.

zeus
09-21-2015, 08:10 PM
So did you see if Kitman would eat it? He was very intrigued by it.

CPT
09-21-2015, 08:39 PM
So did you see of Kitman would eat it? He was very intrigued by it.

I totally think we need to get Kits opinion! He said I can come back for the next one, will let Kit try as he is very snoopy with his food.

Luckylinda123
09-21-2015, 08:46 PM
You were very brave

Credz
09-21-2015, 08:52 PM
Vegan FTW brahs

CPT
09-21-2015, 09:09 PM
http://www.ecorazzi.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/protein1-592x414.jpg

TwoArmedBandito
09-23-2015, 02:34 AM
It looked like meat at least. I'm not a fan of tofu either. Your face was priceless.

TwoArmedBandito
09-23-2015, 02:35 AM
I like veggie burgers I had one Saturday night if they are the good ones I like them better than regular burgers.

Musta been a corn patty!

Credz
09-23-2015, 06:36 AM
Tofu Baked is really good. I like all the flavors I've tried.

And these are the best vegan burgers I've had along with Amy's burgers. Just got to make sure they say Vegan. Some are vegan and some are vegetarian.