PDA

View Full Version : 6 week fitness challenge - GOD HELP ME.

MNvegasgal
10-07-2015, 01:41 AM
I signed up for a Warrior 6 week fitness challenge. The group is all Mom's of all ages and fitness levels. We are committed to drinking 60+ ounces of water a day.. eating a paleo type diet, exercising (at classes) 4 times a week.. and making a good choice and losing a bad choice each week. Yesterday I went to a strength group session which was hard. .but not miserable. Today I did an outdoor class.. that was mainly sprints and core workout.. OMG.. I am so proud that I didn't puke. I am 51 years old.. and this is rough.. but I didn't die.. so tomorrow is another day. Vegas in 10 days is going to be tough.... but I will make good choices for breakfast and lunch - dinner I may have some carbs and drinks. If anyone has any tips, ideas, suggestions.. let me hear it.

dvandentop
10-07-2015, 04:21 AM
Damn good luck in this venture Vegas would be the hardest place to try to stick to a diet.

goldengreeke
10-07-2015, 04:47 AM
Good luck on your challenge.

The hardest part for me would be drinking 60 ounces of water a day. Many days I don't any water at all unless you count the ten cups of coffee that I drink a day lol

Leticia
10-07-2015, 04:52 AM

zeus
10-07-2015, 08:36 AM
CeCe, you should be very proud of yourself! Good luck with this!

Jeani
10-07-2015, 11:34 AM
Good Luck on your challenge! It sounds like you are committed so you will be fine....if not come vent here we will encourage you!

Handpayhopeful
10-07-2015, 12:16 PM
Take one day at a time. Focus only on today. 6 weeks is not long at all.....24 workout periods. Don't kill yourself from the get go. You can and will do this!! :) be sure after your workout to drink recovery drink of some kind. Your body is most ready for replenishment within the first hour after your workout... Find something good to drink. I'll blend a banana with it sometimes......you won't feel like going full bore each day and that's ok..... Just do it!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MNvegasgal
10-07-2015, 02:45 PM
Wow.. You are all amazing! This is exactly the encouragement I Needed. Worked out at 7:00 am so packed my lunch and snacks for the day at 6:00.am .. Packed my work clothes and made it to my desk by 8:30 am.. I CAN do this!!!

Stephiede11
10-08-2015, 01:40 AM
Like Handpayhopeful said, take it one day at a time and go at the pace that is right for you. As far as Vegas, don't beat yourself up while you're on vacation. Try to make better choices but don't stress out about it. Plus, you'll get plenty of walking in while you're there. Get right back to you regular routine once you get home.

Also, I know this is only a six week challenge but try to look at it as a lifestyle. You don't want to erase all your hard work once the challenge is over. You got this!!

MNvegasgal
10-08-2015, 09:50 PM
Day 4 almost in the books. Prepped a healthy dinner.. Drank all my water, no coffee (day 4 Whoop whoop), going to Yoga tonight.. and last by not least.. I DID NOT EAT the homemade cupcakes that a co-worker brought into today- pumpkin spice and caramel apple. Down almost 4 lbs. I know it is water weight.. but it is definately a MOTIVATOR! Thanks Jokers for all your support and advice!

MNvegasgal
10-13-2015, 09:34 PM
Official weigh in last night and I was down 4 lbs for the week. Did push ups and planks last night.. as well as a full arm circuit. Tonight is the hurricane.. where we run sprints for most of the class (I choose the outdoor one on Tuesday Nights). My eating has been good.. did have two drinks last Saturday- Vodka/Diet Tonic with lime. I think I will go for club soda in Vegas since I will have aLOT more drinks. Planning to work out Saturday and Monday AM.. as to stay on Track. Trying out lots of new recipes.. and so far I'm loving the items I have made.

Credz
10-13-2015, 11:13 PM
Keep up the good work! :)

MNvegasgal
10-14-2015, 10:42 PM
Last nights "Hurricane" was rough.. finished that at 7:30 PM and was back at the gym for a one on one with a trainer at 7:00 AM. Now I'm resting until Yoga tomorrow night. Made this for dinner tonight with a side of Quinoa - it was delicious. http://www.tablespoon.com/recipes/balsamic-glazed-steak-rolls/c723300c-8122-462d-b8ff-2c85ecd7325d/?nicam4=SocialMedia&nichn4=Pinterest&niseg4=Tablespoon&nicreatID4=Post&crlt.pid=camp.AxUc7qiDDaLm

MNvegasgal
10-30-2015, 01:56 AM
Week 4.. and still going strong. Down 6.5 lbs. Vegas week I maintained.. which is a huge plus for my normal Vegas trips. Tonight was tough.. lots of cardio, combined with ropes, squats, pull ups, planks, bear crawls.. and a bunch of other really hard crap. I am drinking a protein shake.. icing my shoulder.. and back at it tomorrow AM. Wanted to go to the fancy coffee shop and treat myself to a sugary high carb drink today.. but thought.. nope.. don't blow all your hard work on a high calorie drink... so I passed up the coffee shop.

Handpayhopeful
10-30-2015, 02:33 AM
Way to go! Curious, where are you mentally right now? I'm asking cuz I've found that, after a few weeks, I've become accustomed to working out and I HATED missing a day....

michelelovesvegas
10-30-2015, 02:53 AM
Wow, now I feel bad for not doing something. I say almost everyday I should. Well, it's late tonight, maybe tomorrow. lol

I recently gave up farming for markets and restaurants due to the high crime in Savannah right now, not worth my life for the little bit of money so I am feeling stagnant. You may have motivated me!!

Handpayhopeful
10-30-2015, 03:14 AM
Don't feel bad we all go thru those times. I was lucky enough to find a program that worked for me.... Having a different routine daily. Prior to that I was good at starting a workout and then giving it up 2-3 weeks later. Lol. Sometime later it occurred to me that I would come home from work and watch 3-4 hrs of TV and go to bed. Why not spend 30-45 mins of that time exercising? I finally found a program I could stick to (on DVDs) and I just kept pushing play....kept pushing play....some days I didn't put in as much effort as others but I kept doing it.... Every day that passes you don't get back!

MNvegasgal
10-30-2015, 10:03 AM
Way to go! Curious, where are you mentally right now? I'm asking cuz I've found that, after a few weeks, I've become accustomed to working out and I HATED missing a day....

Mentally feeling really strong. Had a rotator cuff injury that caused some frustration.. But ice , stretching, and some work out modifications.. I kept pushing through. I rest on Saturday.. Do an outdoor hike on sin days and then a restorative yoga Sunday night. Then weigh in on Monday and we hit it hard again. My confidence is boosted by my strength and the body feels much better without all the sugars. I know I Randi as welling keep this up after 6 weeks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MNvegasgal
10-30-2015, 10:06 AM
Wow, now I feel bad for not doing something. I say almost everyday I should. Well, it's late tonight, maybe tomorrow. lol

I recently gave up farming for markets and restaurants due to the high crime in Savannah right now, not worth my life for the little bit of money so I am feeling stagnant. You may have motivated me!!

Michelle.. My group was found on Facebook and targeted local women who were looking to lose some weight but more importantly change some ways of thinking and commit to working out at least 4 times a week. The women are all ages, all stages of life, and. Great support. Look and see if ther is a total fitness warrior group in your area.

michelelovesvegas
10-30-2015, 01:18 PM
Okay, I will start this morning. Instead of calling the bathroom John, I am calling it Jim. So I can say I went to the Jim this morning… lol

MNvegasgal
11-10-2015, 07:30 PM
Just finished week 5.. Down 10 lbs and a pant size. Down. Under the big number now :) Can now do three sets of assisted (with a rubber band to support weight) pull ups.. Planks, push ups.. Run sprints. Just signed up for 6 more months!

Stephiede11
11-10-2015, 08:12 PM
Just finished week 5.. Down 10 lbs and a pant size. Down. Under the big number now :) Can now do three sets of assisted (with a rubber band to support weight) pull ups.. Planks, push ups.. Run sprints. Just signed up for 6 more months!

Great job!! Keep up all the hard work.

zeus
11-10-2015, 09:25 PM

CeCe, you have got to be so proud of yourself! Great job!

emmas
11-10-2015, 10:13 PM
Congratulations on your hard work. You're really doing it right, lifestyle change instead of a diet.

MNvegasgal
01-01-2016, 02:25 AM
Update - still going strong with the workouts. Had a rough workout tonight at 5:00 followed by Potluck healthy dinner with my workout crew. After warm ups we did 7 different stations for 1 minute each with a 30 second rest, kettle bell swings, planks with leg lift, jumping jacks, wall sits with dumb bell raises, alternate leg v-ups, sit ups, then standing knee ups. 2nd round was 6 sets of 55 seconds each with 25 minute rest - Push ups, whiteouts, russian twits, flutter kicks, and two other torturous things I can't remember. Then we had a tug of war. I have lost 6% body fat, 11 lbs, and a full pant size as well as shirt size. We set goals for next year - Choose 1 positive thing - lose one bad thing.. first up i Choose - More protein - Lose - a Carb. Lets hope 2016 gets me closer to the weight my drivers license show ;).

zeus
01-01-2016, 02:34 AM
CeCe, you rock! Congrats on your determination. [emoji106]

Handpayhopeful
01-01-2016, 04:39 AM
That is awesome!

MNvegasgal
01-30-2016, 02:14 AM
PR on deadlift today.. Not bad for an almost 52 year old.. https://vimeo.com/153577242

dvandentop
01-30-2016, 04:04 AM
Awesome Cece prob more then I could lift great attitude keep it going girl!!

declansgigi
01-30-2016, 04:11 AM
Damn girl, you are a bad ass!

Sent from my KFAPWI using Tapatalk

Jeani
01-30-2016, 12:23 PM
Awesome!!! Keep it going :)

MNvegasgal
04-22-2016, 03:38 PM
New PR this AM.. 215. Repping the Purple for Prince today!https://vimeo.com/163840030

BigDaddy
04-22-2016, 04:19 PM
New PR this AM.. 215. Repping the Purple for Prince today!https://vimeo.com/163840030

Impressive!!..:) Please tell me you have a belt on for support though? When I used to do competive bodybuilding back in my college years, I used to wear a power lifter weight belt for lower back support.. Most I ever deadlifted was 585 for two reps.. The good Ol' Days..;)

MNvegasgal
04-22-2016, 05:00 PM
Impressive!!..:) Please tell me you have a belt on for support though? When I used to do competive bodybuilding back in my college years, I used to wear a power lifter weight belt for lower back support.. Most I ever deadlifted was 585 for two reps.. The good Ol' Days..;)

Thanks Big Daddy. No belt yet.. But no back issues and use my legs and glutes. As I go heavier.. I may have to start using a belt. Holy crap.. 585.. That is nuts. My trainer is young and strong and his PR is 435 for two reps. You were a BeAST to get 585

dvandentop
04-22-2016, 09:05 PM
congrats Cece can prob lift more then i can HHH

big d lets see some pics!!

zeus
04-22-2016, 09:40 PM
Cece, that was truly amazing! Your hard work has truly paid off! [emoji122]

Jackpot
04-23-2016, 03:19 AM
Wow!! How heavy was that?

MNvegasgal
04-23-2016, 03:39 AM
Wow!! How heavy was that?

215 lbs.. I don't intend to brag..just worked hard to get to that weight.

Jackpot
04-23-2016, 05:16 AM
215lbs! That's fantastic, your strength and determination are admirable and inspiring. Makes me want to be in shape.....again.

dwwright12
04-23-2016, 10:23 AM
Wow!! Congrats on the continued dedication. I think I tore a few muscles just watching.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

ChellesBelles
04-23-2016, 02:19 PM
Wow, just catching up on this, and I'm SO impressed! Keep up the fantastic progress! We all know you can do it!!

Sent from my LGL16C using Tapatalk

MNvegasgal
07-15-2016, 03:40 AM
Takin care of an tendon issue so can't do any arm work. Want to show myself where I have come from..in years.. 25 lbs.. Tons of inches. http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160715/a0933f35758fefcb9922c740a502d8cc.jpg

Curlyd
07-15-2016, 04:02 AM
Wonderful! Congratulations, your hard work certainly shows.

serenasea
07-15-2016, 04:08 AM
Wonderful! Congratulations, your hard work certainly shows.

I agree! You stuck with it through work events, Vegas trips and vacations. Quite an inspiration -- congratulations!

hytail
07-15-2016, 05:04 AM
MNvegasgal all I can say is "Wow"! Cece. Congratulations.

So help me out , one of the diet items was to reduce or lose the coffee - what is the function of that?

Reason I ask is I drink a good quantity of damn strong coffee each morning - don't even get stoked until after second cup.

Evoni
07-15-2016, 07:05 AM
You look fabulous, congrats!

zeus
07-15-2016, 08:56 AM
CeCe, you look fantastic! [emoji122]

Elf70
07-15-2016, 10:35 AM
Congrats on the weight loss! I know how hard it is to do. You look great!

Luckylinda123
07-15-2016, 11:05 AM
Very nice I admire all your dedication

MNvegasgal
07-15-2016, 11:15 AM
MNvegasgal all I can say is "Wow"! Cece. Congratulations.

So help me out , one of the diet items was to reduce or lose the coffee - what is the function of that?

Reason I ask is I drink a good quantity of damn strong coffee each morning - don't even get stoked until after second cup.

hytail part of it is that most people don't drink plain coffee, but frilly high calorie or sugar laden coffee. The plan is to also find foods that provide the pick up. I have tried.. And found I do need my coffee each day. :)

Mary9915
07-15-2016, 03:05 PM
Wow Cece...great job!

dwwright12
07-17-2016, 12:44 PM
You're an inspiration!! Congrats. Hope the injury heals soon. Now, if I can only get started on something like you have!

Mauretania
07-17-2016, 02:24 PM
Absolutely Fabulous! I know it's tough to do at our age.