PDA

View Full Version : Road runners and Obstacle Course runners

camon
02-10-2015, 11:41 PM
What races and locations do you have scheduled?

My last race was the Spartan Super 8.9 miles in Temecula January 24th. Last year I did the Spartan Sprint 5K (Malibu), Gladiator Rock N Run (Pasadena) 5K, Rugged Maniac (Temecula) 5K, Neon Dash 5K (Carson), Zombie Blood Run (Bellflower) 1.5 miles and Mudderella (Temecula) 5 miles. My first ever road race was Neon Dash 5K, first ever maze run/mini obstacles was Zombie Blood Run, and my first ever obstacle course mud run race (15 obstacles, 5 miles) was Mudderella.

My 2015 currently scheduled races (All southern california races):
Atlas Race 6-9 mile run in Temecula February 28th
Warrior Dash 5K March 21st in Chino
Tough Mudder 10-12 mile run March 28th in San Bernardino (kind of worried about this one for the obstacle part)
Mud Factor 5K April 26th in San Bernardino
Spartan BEAST 12-14 miles September 26th in Temecula

dvandentop
02-10-2015, 11:56 PM
wife had a napa to sonoma 1/2 marathon planned in july other then that hopefully no other ones that i have to go to LOL well besides rock and roll vegas but doubt we would go 2 years in a row

Credz
02-11-2015, 12:49 AM
I've done 5 Spartan Sprints (Elite Heats), 1 Spartan Super (Elite Heat), Spartan Beast (The World Championship race in the elite heat in Vermont), warrior dash and Zombie Run. Earned my Trifecta as well :)

camon
02-11-2015, 05:21 AM
I've done 5 Spartan Sprints (Elite Heats), 1 Spartan Super (Elite Heat), Spartan Beast (The World Championship race in the elite heat in Vermont), warrior dash and Zombie Run. Earned my Trifecta as well :)

I have a goal of earning my first Trifecta. I got into obstacle course racing last year with motivations from 2 friends and especially a friend who severely sprained her ankle at one of the spartan races last year (I think it was the Beast) and the team I am now a member of "Weeple Army" helped her over the rest of the obstacles and finish the race to earn her Trifecta medal (no spartan left behind). I did not meet the weeple army team until the Gladiator Rock N Run and I have been a member since. I see you have been to a lot of spartan races, so you may know who the weeple army are. They are from all over the place and are bright lime green. The hardest races are the spartan races and they helped me with the ones I was too short to reach, ones I struggled, and especially the monkey bars.

This year, I have only done the Spartan Super. I am going to be doing the Beast in September and have to still figure out when I want to do the Sprint this year to earn my first Trifecta.

Have you ever done tough mudder? I am worried about this one and seeing the new obstacles they posted on their website and I heard they made the obstacles a lot harder. This will be my first tough mudder. The monkey bar pictures posted on their website looks like they are very high up with a big drop in water where no one can be under you to help you go through if grip gives out. I don't like water more than 4 feet deep where I cannot touch the ground. One good thing about TM is you can skip obstacles without any penalties if you do not feel comfortable.

Here is a picture of me from the spartan super being helped in the most toughest obstacle ever. It is called transverse something. My grip was giving out totally half way through and my weeples helped guide me along to ring the bell. I am also afraid of height, which made it harder but with the comfort of my teammates and encouragement, I was ok. 53

Gypsy
02-11-2015, 05:34 AM
Very cool!

camon
02-11-2015, 05:35 AM
54556256575859 All the races from 2014 and the last one taken by the photographer after I finished the spartan sprint in malibu. I also did the hurricane heat right before the sprint. and yes I was both a zombie and a runner in the zombie blood run. =)

Spartan Super after I finished and with my finisher shirt on back in January... Don't mind my hair, blame the mud water and the obstacle where I had to go under a wall to the other side in mud water. =)6061

Jen Jen
02-16-2015, 12:49 AM
camon, I wish I had your energy and strength. I could barely jog down the street without dying. I am totally out of shape and it's pitiful. Good luck with your races.

camon
02-17-2015, 11:01 PM
Thank you Jen Jen. It takes time to build endurance up. For starters, I recommend a personal trainer to give you a program based on your goals.

QHLover
02-19-2015, 03:54 PM
No way I could do this! Well done Mon

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk