PDA

View Full Version : Food Processor - Recommendations needed.

MNvegasgal
11-07-2015, 02:48 PM
Looking to purchase a food processor. Eating healthier means I need to make some foods that I would normally buy (Hummus) and need to be able to process things down a little more (mashed califlower). I am looking at a Cuisnart 9 cup.. but open to suggestions. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ineedajackpot
11-07-2015, 02:56 PM
I have a Nutrabullet. I got it to make smoothies but seem to use it more for cooking. I like smooth spaghetti sauce so I cook the onions, garlic, etc. and put it in the nutrabullet and just pulverize it. It chops everything, stems, peels, seeds, etc. Of course you couldn't make stuff like bread or pizza dough but it's great for other stuff. Just a thought. I love mine.

michelelovesvegas
11-07-2015, 07:26 PM
I have a cusinart, been great for me- 20 plus years. Also have a Viking Professional Hand Blender and it does quite a job on purees and emulsions, soups, etc.

Luckylinda123
11-07-2015, 07:44 PM
Vitamix had it for years mostly use it for smoothies

Jeani
11-07-2015, 07:47 PM
I have a Cuisinart hand blender and it works for me also on the purees and emulsions. I've got a Ninja Master Prep Pro System and works good as a food processor as well as a blender.

sondor
11-07-2015, 08:40 PM
Thanks for the post it reminded me I had bread rising that I needed to punch down before it got to the towel covering.....But back to topic, We have a cusinart...seems to work good but I do not like cleaning it. I have an old Osterizer and use that more....or one of the hand stick kind, I think it's a Hamelton Beach, but that will not get thru hard stuff. The food processor would probably be best for making Humas...

Evoni
11-07-2015, 11:41 PM
I have been in love with my Cuisinart for more years then I want to admit too. I have the 11 cup one because I like to use it to grind up London Broil and other meats for the chili I make.

MNvegasgal
11-08-2015, 03:53 AM
Bought a cuisinart 9 cup.. Going to try it to tomorrow on hummus..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk