PDA

View Full Version : Jokers.. what can you tell me about San Clemente, CA?

MNvegasgal
11-15-2015, 10:47 PM
We are looking at renting a house near the beach for the last week in February. Have only traveled to San Diego and that was 10 plus years ago. Tell me the good and bad.. what to see, what to avoid. I know there are lots of CA people on here.

Gypsy
11-15-2015, 11:59 PM
San Clemente is a quiet little beach town in South Orange County. You go to the beach there lol, not much else other than shops and restaurants. You are in Orange County though where there are a million things to do, like Disneyland. By the way, February is our cold, rainy month and we are expecting the mother of el ninos, so be prepared!

SoCalRob
11-16-2015, 01:23 AM
Everything gypsy said. Except, if you can help it, I'd advise not to stay at the beach in February, especially this February. It's supposed to possibly be a disaster.

MNvegasgal
11-16-2015, 03:10 AM
San Clemente is a quiet little beach town in South Orange County. You go to the beach there lol, not much else other than shops and restaurants. You are in Orange County though where there are a million things to do, like Disneyland. By the way, February is our cold, rainy month and we are expecting the mother of el ninos, so be prepared!

When you say cold - what temperature are you referring too? I live in MN.. so it will be about 20 degrees here.

MNvegasgal
11-16-2015, 03:13 AM
Everything gypsy said. Except, if you can help it, I'd advise not to stay at the beach in February, especially this February. It's supposed to possibly be a disaster.

What type of a disaster? We haven't committed to any place yet- but were debating between California, Southern Gulf Coast Florida or South Padre Island area of Texas. We have done the Florida Gulf Coast so were looking for something different. Ugh.. we spent 3 hours today as a group of 8 looking at places.. and finally decided on CA. Thank you SoCalRob and Gypsy for the excellent feedback.

SoCalRob
11-16-2015, 03:15 AM
What type of a disaster? We haven't committed to any place yet- but were debating between California, Southern Gulf Coast Florida or South Padre Island area of Texas. We have done the Florida Gulf Coast so were looking for something different. Ugh.. we spent 3 hours today as a group of 8 looking at places.. and finally decided on CA. Thank you SoCalRob and Gypsy for the excellent feedback.
When beach towns out here get a LOT of rain at least in San Diego County (about an hour away from San Clemente) the streets flood easily. Waves are a lot higher. Sand bags are used to protect the walls. It just becomes a mess in the am a huge towns during massive rains. We are supposed to basically have storm after storm after storm from January to March. :/

MNvegasgal
11-16-2015, 03:49 AM
When beach towns out here get a LOT of rain at least in San Diego County (about an hour away from San Clemente) the streets flood easily. Waves are a lot higher. Sand bags are used to protect the walls. It just becomes a mess in the am a huge towns during massive rains. We are supposed to basically have storm after storm after storm from January to March. :/

Thank you so much for the info. That does not sound like a pleasant way to spend a vacation.. Especially for the cost. New player now.. Just got a link to a place in Gulf Shore Alabama.. Thanks again for the heads up

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gypsy
11-16-2015, 04:14 AM
I think that's a good choice. February is about the only month I wouldn't recommend a beach vacation here, especially next year. Hope you have an amazing time!

Blase
11-16-2015, 04:39 AM
Any thoughts on Hilton Head? My uncle owns Hilton Head Rentals and Golf (hiltonheadvacation.com), they manage and rent out many properties, and have a bunch of lovely mansions. I'm sure I could get you a deal!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SoCalRob
11-16-2015, 06:49 AM
Any thoughts on Hilton Head? My uncle owns Hilton Head Rentals and Golf (hiltonheadvacation.com), they manage and rent out many properties, and have a bunch of lovely mansions. I'm sure I could get you a deal!

Can you get me a job?

Jeani
11-16-2015, 11:53 AM
Alabama Gulf Coast is a skip to Biloxi if you want a fun night out !

MNvegasgal
11-16-2015, 12:38 PM

We had talked about Hilton Head originally.. But thought February would be a little chilly./windy so we were looking more gulf side. Do you have insight on end of February weather? Wow I love this group... So helpful and full of ideas.

michelelovesvegas
11-16-2015, 01:33 PM
We had talked about Hilton Head originally.. But thought February would be a little chilly./windy so we were looking more gulf side. Do you have insight on end of February weather? Wow I love this group... So helpful and full of ideas.

I am close to Hilton Head, son lives there. February would be cold! Destin Florida is nice.

MNvegasgal
11-17-2015, 04:11 AM
I am close to Hilton Head, son lives there. February would be cold! Destin Florida is nice.

H checked out destin. We are late to the party. Most places are booked that fits out.r kneeds