PDA

View Full Version : United Airlines : Free Snacks Are Back

CPT
12-10-2015, 12:12 AM
Free Snacks are Back (https://unitedairtime.com/our-stories/free-snacks-are-back/) on United Airlines
No longer do you have to pay $5 for Pringles so you don't waste away on your transcontinental flight!

RiverSong
12-10-2015, 02:13 AM
Now bring back free baggage and I might switch back....HHH

pkspins
12-10-2015, 03:50 AM
About time!
Continental - which United took over - always fed you. Even on super short flights, like IAH to SAT, you got pretzels and a drink. The meal boxes on longer flights were pretty decent also. I'm sure United got complaints when they cut that out.
I loved Continental....

CPT
12-10-2015, 09:49 AM
About time!
Continental - which United took over - always fed you. Even on super short flights, like IAH to SAT, you got pretzels and a drink. The meal boxes on longer flights were pretty decent also. I'm sure United got complaints when they cut that out.
I loved Continental....

One time Delta rebooked us through Cleveland on Continental to get to SAT due to weather. We were on a little CRJ and the flight attendant started passing out snack boxes with little deli sandwiches, we were like blown away. Small plane and they served food, it was pretty shocking! Delta, nope. Hehe

zeus
12-10-2015, 10:03 AM
I remember years ago we were on a flight to DC and were seated on the very last row. When the flight attendant was handing out the pretzels I asked if I could have an extra one. He looked at me and said that it was the last night of them giving snacks on flights and handed me the whole big plastic bag of pretzels and said to take them. HHH!

pkspins
12-10-2015, 03:44 PM
One time Delta rebooked us through Cleveland on Continental to get to SAT due to weather. We were on a little CRJ and the flight attendant started passing out snack boxes with little deli sandwiches, we were like blown away. Small plane and they served food, it was pretty shocking! Delta, nope. Hehe

Oh yes, didn't matter how small the plane they fit food and drink carts on it. I used to fly their ERJs a lot and you always got fed - the breakfast was a little different than the one you got on the big planes but p-l-e-n-t-y of food plus they still passed out pretzels, and those little deli sandwiches were good.
I also liked how Continental let you watch the flight path map on the seat TVs for free.
I've tried those little snack boxes for $10 on United and they're ok but still it's not like my ticket cost $10 less.