PDA

View Full Version : New show at Venetian, BAZ - STAR CROSSED LOVE

Evoni
04-04-2016, 07:27 PM
This show was at Mandalay Bay previously and had good reviews.

http://www.venetian.com/entertainment/shows/baz.html

Tickets on Sale to the General Public on Thursday, April 7
Set in a modern and intimate cabaret, BAZ - Star Crossed Love is a celebration, a mash-up of music, and moments from the greatest love stories imagined by famed director Baz Luhrmann.

Inspired by Baz’s most romantic films, Romeo + Juliet, Moulin Rouge, and The Great Gatsby, the show will captivate with soul-stirring music and stunning performances from an ensemble cast of vocalists, actors, and dancers. Performances begin Sunday, June 26th.
Tickets can be purchased at any Venetian or Palazzo Box office or by calling 702.414.9000 or 866.641.7469.
VENUE
The Palazzo Theatre
(View Property Map)
DATES
June 26 - December 31, 2016

DARK DAYS
Monday
TIME
Tuesday - Sunday
7:30 p.m.

Blase
04-04-2016, 07:49 PM
Interesting... I love the music from Moulin Rouge!!

dvandentop
04-04-2016, 09:14 PM
Got the email as well doesn't sound like something I'd enjoy

FL Mary
04-05-2016, 12:00 AM
Sounds like the type of show that I enjoy. I will have to see it next time I'm there.

Evoni
04-05-2016, 03:12 AM
Here's the review from when it was at Mandalay Bay at Light Nightclub. However I understand they are making changes to it since they are renovating the theatre for it, so it should be even better.

http://lasvegassun.com/vegasdeluxe/2015/jun/29/review-photos-extraordinary-baz-shines-bright-ligh/

Nhcris
05-26-2016, 12:39 PM
I missed this when you originally posted it, Evoni. It looks like it will be a really enjoyable show. I am hopeful they will offer it as a comp in the beginning of it's run to drum up some attention. Regardless, I will put it on my list for a trip this year as I love seeing shows right there on the property.

I need to see the new Human Nature show, soon, too. Heck, I still miss Phantom of the Opera!

Evoni
05-27-2016, 03:08 AM
I missed this when you originally posted it, Evoni. It looks like it will be a really enjoyable show. I am hopeful they will offer it as a comp in the beginning of it's run to drum up some attention. Regardless, I will put it on my list for a trip this year as I love seeing shows right there on the property.

I need to see the new Human Nature show, soon, too. Heck, I still miss Phantom of the Opera!

They usually offer comp promotion for most of their shows at one time or the other. I love the new Human Nature show and not just because Phil held my hand and sang during the love song to me. The pert of sitting in the front row in the right seat, LOL!

Sands just announced they will be building a 17,500 seat concert hall behind the Venetian and Palazzo. I guess to compete in the future with the new T-Mobile Arena between NYNY and Monte Carlo. So many future entertainment options!

dailun
05-27-2016, 01:14 PM
OK, who will be the first to review it?!?

Oops! Sorry, I see that it opens on June 25th . . . . .

Nhcris
05-27-2016, 01:42 PM
OK, who will be the first to review it?!?

Oops! Sorry, I see that it opens on June 25th . . . . .

Something tells me Evoni will see it long before I do! I'll be there just before it opens, and not likely again until fall.

Evoni
05-28-2016, 11:47 PM
Something tells me Evoni will see it long before I do! I'll be there just before it opens, and not likely again until fall.

I'm debating if I should see if with my Mom in July or wait until my husband is with us Thanksgiving week since I know he will want to see it too and I'm not sure it will be a show I want to see twice in one year. So you might beat me to it!

Nhcris
06-03-2016, 12:44 PM
I'm debating if I should see if with my Mom in July or wait until my husband is with us Thanksgiving week since I know he will want to see it too and I'm not sure it will be a show I want to see twice in one year. So you might beat me to it!

I just saw an offer for BAZ (or Puppet On?) in my account for August/September, so it looks like I might just have to plan a trip during that time period. Poor me ;)

Evoni
06-04-2016, 01:17 AM
I just saw an offer for BAZ (or Puppet On?) in my account for August/September, so it looks like I might just have to plan a trip during that time period. Poor me ;)

I got that offer too. However you know if that's not a good time period for you that just asking your host for comp tickets during a stay will work unless show is so popular it's selling out

I'm still thinking of waiting until Thanksgiving week, but who knows. :)