PDA

View Full Version : Question for my PA peeps-Bucknell University

Big Mac
04-05-2016, 06:33 PM
My son is being recruited by Bucknell University pretty aggressively for their soccer team.

Can anyone give me the local perspective of the school. I like that it is small and not in a big urban center, they say they have a great academic program.

I would like to get your perspective or insight before we decide to make a trip out to meet and see the campus.

Thanks for your assistance.

B

Pjmargde
04-05-2016, 07:19 PM
Bucknell is a great academic school with a superb campus and athletic facilities. Have friends whose kids went there & all are very happy. Patriot league soccer very competitive and most teams play a few big time national programs each year. My son played them while at Villanova. Good luck to your son & you on the decision.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CPT
05-25-2016, 10:51 PM
My son is being recruited by Bucknell University pretty aggressively for their soccer team.

Can anyone give me the local perspective of the school. I like that it is small and not in a big urban center, they say they have a great academic program.

I would like to get your perspective or insight before we decide to make a trip out to meet and see the campus.

Thanks for your assistance.

B

I am not sure how I missed this Mac! If you make it out, I live about 7 miles from Lewisburg, Bucknell. It's a decent school, I had a few friends attend and landed pretty good jobs after. Town is filled with Mercedes, Audis, and rich kids from New Jersey most of the year. (I think you may get made fun of if you show up in a Toyota..haha)

Pat
05-25-2016, 11:16 PM
I know two executives who graduated from Bucknell. From what I understand, it's an awesome school

CPT
05-27-2016, 10:33 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160527/11f1421944d135dac79371a28e180cf9.jpg

They have a kickass Barnes and Noble too!
Used to be good to scout for college chicks. Now I'm just a creeper haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk