PDA

View Full Version : Help dealing with a 26 year old. She lives in Denver.. Went to la to meet friends and

MNvegasgal
04-18-2016, 03:02 AM
All, give it up to God, trust that she is being smart and surrounding herself with people you know. She went to Portland to spend her Birthday.. Sent me weird texts. I am worried about her being Naive and trusting people. I can't type on my IPad and didn't realize it was so mumbled. Help how do you deal with this? I trust her.. But not strangers I don't know. Sorry just emotional as today is her birthday and I am not a helicopter Mom.. But just a worried MOm. She texted me late last night and said I am fine.. In a cementary.. I hope that is a frickin typo!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dvandentop
04-18-2016, 03:12 AM
Ails. I am try g to give it up to God, trust that she is being smart and air rounding herdpself with people you knowledge just done her g eating hurt. Give vpcredit that we dod. Help how do you deal with this

Sorry to her about dear daughter issues atleast that is what I could make out of the text. There is only so much you can do to help I am sure it is frustrating on the mom side of things. But just be there when she needs you and try to not be too overbearing as maybe she is the kind of person where that pushes her further away. I hope I am translation on your text right. If not forget all the above

BigDaddy
04-18-2016, 03:13 AM
Sorry to her about dear daughter issues atleast that is what I could make out of the text. There is only so much you can do to help I am sure it is frustrating on the mom side of things. But just be there when she needs you and try to not be too overbearing as maybe she is the kind of person where that pushes her further away. I hope I am translation on your text right. If not forget all the above
Was thinking same thing..

zeus
04-18-2016, 09:16 AM
Cece, if I am understanding this correctly you just have to have remember that you raised a smart young lady with good values. Have faith in her that she uses good judgement in the decisions she makes in life. I know she is your everything and that she will always be your baby. I am so sorry that as a parent you have to go through this.

RiverSong
04-18-2016, 02:11 PM
Not sure what's happening....however hope things work out.

DK528
04-18-2016, 02:28 PM
Cece, I'm not totally following but have you not heard from your daughter in a while and you're worried?

If so does she have social media? Even if you're not connected, ask someone who is to check and see if she posted recently. Or if you're really worried, and you share bank or credit card accounts, call and see if you can find when it was last active?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VegasMonkey
04-18-2016, 02:34 PM
There are events that are held at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery... Concerts and movie nights and such. Perhaps, she was attending one of those?

MNvegasgal
04-18-2016, 02:41 PM
Cece, I'm not totally following but have you not heard from your daughter in a while and you're worried?

If so does she have social media? Even if you're not connected, ask someone who is to check and see if she posted recently. Or if you're really worried, and you share bank or credit card accounts, call and see if you can find when it was last active?

Thanks Dina.. She was texting me.. Just not clearly.. And I don't know who she is with.. Argh makes my stomach hurt.

DK528
04-18-2016, 02:44 PM
Thanks Dina.. She was texting me.. Just not clearly.. And I don't know who she is with.. Argh makes my stomach hurt.

Phew! Just saw your edited original post. She's probably having fun and is distracted and so her texts aren't so thought out.

And agree with plee, there's a cemetery that's famous for showing movies. I think it was part of that Wedding Planner movie with Jennifer Lopez and Matthew McConaughey (sp?).

Jackpot
04-18-2016, 06:51 PM
Sorry you are going through this, hopefully she will text you soon. It's so hard not to worry as a mom, mine is only 13 and can't even imagine him moving out. Maybe she can update you with a pic so you can see she's okay and who's she's with?

twinslotaddicts
04-18-2016, 06:51 PM
As a mom to a 22 year old girl I'd have to say what my sister would say which is she's 26 not 18 so give her a little credit. I on the other hand would prob be a bit worried too. I've also got not exactly making sense texts before but remember that she is still texting you so that's a good thing. Try not to be worried and trust in her judgement.

Ang

Reen
04-18-2016, 07:08 PM
Sorry you are worrying about your daughter. We always worry being a Mom, no matter how old are children are. Have a daughter same age, texts me and sometimes can't understand what she is saying. Sending you a big hug!

MNvegasgal
04-18-2016, 07:51 PM
Thank you to everyone for your kind thoughts and concerned. She is fine (hungover) and was in a cementary. She has terrible cell service. I hate that I worry.. If I hadn't received her weird call and texts I would have been fine. When I am clueless it is much better. When she provides rid bits then my Mom warning Sheila goes up. Arghhhj.. Now I can breath.

dvandentop
04-18-2016, 08:21 PM
I thought maybe you were taking Ambien and posting while that kicked in again LOL

DK528
04-18-2016, 09:15 PM
During college my sister didn't come home one night and my mom freaked out. She went onto AIM (shows how long ago this was) and starting IMing everyone on my sister's friends list. My sister was mortified and was teased about being kidnapped for weeks. Especially because the list included ppl my sister hadnt spoken to since early high school.

She did learn her lesson, though, and always called home, no matter how late, when she decided to stay at a friend's house.

Darlene
04-18-2016, 10:30 PM
Glad everything turned out OK. My kids are older than your daughter and I still worry, goes with the territory. Doesn't matter how old and independent they get they are still your baby.

hytail
04-19-2016, 02:23 AM
What zeus says. I think you will come to realize your daughter is a lot like you at some future time. And you will experience a lot of joy in how she matures with your influences to bring about her life choices - although that may seem remote in the present.

I'm glad things have sorted out for you for now. [emoji258]

Mary9915
04-20-2016, 05:43 PM
Ugh, it's hard worrying about your kids once they become adults and are on their own. I'm glad everything worked out okay (except for that hangover) and hopefully she's learned a life lesson.

TexasLady
07-01-2016, 01:22 PM
I hope everything is ok with your daughter. As parents we always worry about our children no matter how old they are.

MNvegasgal
07-03-2016, 05:02 AM
She is actually doing great .. Did an adult thing and negotiated and purchased a new car. She is planning on doing traveling Respiratory. She has applied to Georgrtown university. I love her to death.. She is just very adventuresome which makes. Moms heart nervous. You Gus are the best and help me se reason.