PDA

View Full Version : Information from CET on the time period they use for comp offers

dailun
04-27-2016, 05:35 PM
Note:

I don't know how this plays out with other promotions, so I will cite "for GGWU only" YMMV on any other promotions.

I went down to the GGWU even this past weekend and they gave me 84,000 GGWU points.

The next offer was for the June event but the offer was half. I had a hunch that this was all based on ADT and play, so I asked CET:

"I attended the GGWU event this past weekend and the base GGWU points were 84,000. I received a second offer for June and the amount was half, or 42,000. Are the amounts "event driven" or "ADT driven"? Thanks in advance."

Here's the reply:

Dear Michael,

It is my pleasure to assist you with your questions concerning the future Great Gift Wrap Up Boosters.

As you may know, the Great Gift Wrap Up Boosters usually happen every other month. Each month a new set of data is analyzed. Each month you must qualify for the event.

We are analyzing what is captured on your account back 12 months. There is so much that goes into all of our offers. There’s the planning, data gathering, researching, proofing, art work, executing, and mailing (just to name a few). Because so much is going into our offers they are planned way in advance so we are not analyzing recent play. Every month we are looking at a different set of months. The oldest month is dropped and a younger month is added.

The months analyzed for the April Great Gift Wrap Up Booster showed a higher level of play then the months analyzed for the June event. It is always possible that the months analyzed for the August Booster will again put you in the higher worth range. The coordinator won't know until they analyze the data for the event.

The more you attend of the Boosters the more bonus points you receive. That goes purely on the number of events you attend not on your worth.

Michael, I hope this information was helpful.

Have a fabulous day!

Sincerely,

Relationship Marketing Nevada Properties

goldengreeke
04-27-2016, 06:33 PM
Interesting information. Wonder if that's the same system that they use for FP offers because many times they make NO sense at all. I hit over 10,000 TR credits for 5 days of play at Harrahs in N Kansas City during the Hawkeye/Super Bowl M&G and they sent me my worst offer EVER for May!

kdk
04-27-2016, 07:44 PM
Interesting- I didn't know they went that far back, I thought it was always the most recent 3 months that mattered most.

sassycat
04-27-2016, 09:22 PM
That is interesting!

On your next trip to Reno and Tahoe - would you mind asking your host if they do the same thing there?
He probably will not know but he could ask marketing.

dvandentop
04-28-2016, 12:56 AM
surprised you actually got what sounds like an honest answer which is nice nowadays!

dailun
04-28-2016, 01:05 PM
That is interesting!

On your next trip to Reno and Tahoe - would you mind asking your host if they do the same thing there?
He probably will not know but he could ask marketing.

I will try to find out. I'm not on good terms with my Reno host, but I'll see if I can find out from the marketing manager.

VegasMonkey
04-28-2016, 07:45 PM
Interesting. I just recently started playing CET again and the offers I'm receiving are really not commensurate to my recent play, but I guess they are using really old data. I got a $25 Visa card offer!

Hopefully, they will catch up soon.

dailun
04-28-2016, 08:04 PM
Interesting. I just recently started playing CET again and the offers I'm receiving are really not commensurate to my recent play, but I guess they are using really old data. I got a $25 Visa card offer!

Hopefully, they will catch up soon.

But your host should be able to override any "lowball" offers. Especially at your level of play . . . . .